Premed 101 Forums

Small group learning

Guest grandmellon

Guest grandmellon

Just a quick question about number 8. It says Provide evidence of your ability to learn in a small group. How will this enhance your study of medicine at McMaster?

Is the second part of this question asking how will small group learning enhance your study.... or how will your ability to learn in small groups enhance your study? Mind you the answer for both could be relatively similar couldn't they?

Any idears anyone?

Guest Ian Wong

Moving out of the Med Student forum into the McMaster forum. Premed questions should either go in the General Premed forum, or the specific school forum.

I think answering either of the two interpretations that you've provided below are fair game, and certainly there will be applicants this year who have answered using one of these interpretations or the other. The bottom line question behind all of this is: "Tell me something about yourself that makes you a good candidate for this program; why would YOU benefit from learning using this approach?"

After all, the whole point of the med school application process, any med school, isn't to torture you (although it may seem that way at times), but rather to figure out if you'd be a good fit within the class.

Ian

UBC, Med 4

Guest grandmellon

Thanks for your reply Ian!

I also wanted to thank you for the time you spend helping us out with our journey to medical school. You are doing an amazing service for us to help us acheive our lifelong aspirations. You will truly make a difference when you are able to provide the same support for your patients.

Sincerely,

Jeff

Archived