Premed 101 Forums

admission question

Guest norod

I am a university student in quebec doing a B.Comm in marketing. I have done my pre-requisites in sciences, and I work at a dental clinic. My gpa is 3.1, do i have a chance?

Guest gucio93

Hi Norod!

You do have a chance, but you have to be realistic about your expectations. You can apply because your GPA is above 3.0, however you have to realize that many other applicants' GPAs will be higher and you will be at a big disadvantage in this particular portion of the evaluation. Therefore, it is in your personal submission (the 15 questions you have to answer) that you would have to absolutely shine. It is through this admission that you would have to "catch" an assessor's eye and stand out enough so that they would deem it appropriate to recommend you for an interview based on your personal qualities and despite your low GPA. You are the only person who truly knows whether your life experiences and personal attributes are outstanding, so do some soul searching and then make the decision. Otherwise there's still the option of boosting your GPA . . . Good luck in whatever you decide.

Archived