Premed 101 Forums

Just waiting for the Interview letter

Guest macdreams

Guest macdreams

Hi everyone!

Wow! :D This is an amazing forum. I stumbled across it this weekend and think I've read just about every post already!

I am currently an undergrad and have applied to Mac for the first time this year.

I thought I'd start this thread for when Interview letters (HOPEFULLY!! :\ ) start coming in... even though I know it will be a while.

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE :)

MacDreams

macdreams,

:eek

I must say, the subject of your post will get your message some significant readership. I, like many others, assumed that the first interview letter had been received...

Alas, we'll all have to sit and wait some more.

Like yourself, I too am new to this board. So, welcome.

Yup, sit back and relax, 'cause we still have three weeks of waiting before letters are sent. According to the moderators, the letters are generally sent out on March 1st, which this year means on March 3rd. So, make sure you check your mail on March 4th for the (hopefully) big brown envelope.

Good luck,

T

Guest Tartuffe

My heart skept few beats, for one sec I thought here we go, invitations have already been sent and I had a panic attack... :x If they have and me not, i have been rejected. >:

And then questions started to spin : why me? ... is it because i am oop, because my undergrad from europe, my essay were not convincing, maybe because they do not have received my TOEFL. What I gonna do, should I redo an undergrad in Canada, no that insame I spent already 7 years in unversity.... :| yes but what is 3 more years if you can be what you want to be... Yes...but...and...if...

And then pheeew... false alert... I still have 3 weeks to dream an panic:p

No more false alert, pleaaase

Tartuffe

Guest jmh2005

Hey folks,

I just re-named the thread, as to not cause panic among those already experiencing enough stress.

I did say before, the letters have come out on March 1st over the past few years, however that doesn't necessarily mean that they will this year...so don't panic if by the Monday following you don't have anything in the mail...they do tell you that the notices will be sent during the second week if you recall....

I'm beginning to really see the stress on this board...go out to the gym, study, go out for coffee with a bud...your day will soon be here, hopefully it will be good news for all...

Take care,

Jess

Guest macdreams

Oh DEAR!! :( I didn't mean to stress people out! Sorry, I'm new to this message board thing. Next time I'll be more thoughtful when it comes to message titles. :o

Sorry again!

MacDreams

Guest Carolyn

I believe that in my year - 3 years ago - we didn't find out until the 2nd week of March - maybe I am wrong but hey if you set your expectations for the 2nd week, the 1st week will be a treat!

Carolyn

Guest Chieka101

Ha ha... Imagine how funny and ridiculous all this thread-naming anxiety will be in Sept. after all the application mess is over. :D

But for now, let the obsession continue! :P

May the mail man bring you enveloped good news,

C.

P.S. to Macdaddy: Well-put! ;)

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

Just to let you all know....last year, the Mac interview letter came in a medium sized white envelope with some additional information.

~JZ

Guest jmh2005

Bizz is right...the envelope (for those die-hard info seekers) is a white double-size envelope (ie. take a standard piece of paper and fold in half)..don't know the dimensions...a standard letter size white envelope is non-interview letter.

I wrote something on this in a previous thread a few weeks back if you still want more specifics.

Best wishes, here's hoping for larger white envelopes for all,

Jess

• 3 weeks later...
Guest macdaddyeh

Does anybody know how many people will be interviewed this year? Is this public information? If so, does it fluctuate yearly? I believe that despite the increased applicant load this year, the number granted interview will remain the same as previous years ~400..Is that right?

Finally, I think I asked this before, but I can't recall: Are the available seats still at 138?

Hey Macdaddyeh,

I think one of the moderators addressed this a while back, and I'm quite sure that the number of interview invites is slightly under 400 (384 or so) and the number of seats remains at 138... this is despite the increase in applicants.

Hope that helps.

Ciao,

Tirisa

Archived