Premed 101 Forums

could we see our letters by friday?

Guest wileycoyote

Guest wileycoyote

Anyone think we will see the letters by this friday (Mar 7/03)?

If they are sent Thursday morning this is a possibility...

hoping,

-w

Guest MDin2006

Hi,

I just spoke to the admissions office and they said that the letters will be sent out early this week and we should receive them by the end of the week.:D

Some quotes about waiting:

"Whatever we are waiting for -- peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance -- it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart."

-- Sarah Ban Breathnach

"A lively understandable spirit Once entertained you. It will come again. Be still. Wait.

-- Theodore Roethke

"One has to wait without impatience for what should come, and yet at the same time do everything within one's power as though one were impatient and as though one were solely responsible."

-- Rodney Collin

And my personal favourite:

"The waiting’s not over until the waiting’s done." -- Duke Rohe

ain't that the truth.

Cheers and GOOD LUCK on FRIDAY Everyone.

Matt

Guest wileycoyote

I have seen next day service on local mail before (rare, but true) so maybe before friday!

-wiley, tech-sector refugee

Guest ploughboy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

Back from Spain to an empty mailbox. Nothing to do but pace all night while listening to my "inspirational songs for applying to med school" CDs again. Argh! Somebody put me out of my misery!!!

mtws: I'll see your Rohe and raise you a T.S. Eliot: "We wait, and the time is short. But waiting is long."

pb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (OpenBSD)

Comment: For info see www.gnupg.org

iD8DBQE+Zkci/HNgbK3bC2wRAmPNAKCAnVuNHi43VKRV+qCYlSUKohNpZACeL3wn

Y8f7OmW4VUvsV+tE6Rc7jvU=

=MIlx

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Guest MayFlower1

ploughboy,

Geeze...I was hoping to see you here today and read a post that you got invited for an interview! My fingers, toes and splints ;) are crossed for you.

Peter

Guest MayFlower1

macdaddyeh,

I had every intention of applying to Mac this year...I had my fifteen questions answered and everything...but in the end...I had to be honest with myself...I'm staying in Ottawa...we have a new family medicine practice that my wife, another doc, his wife and I have just built...lots o' debt...my kids are here and I only have them part of the time...and I love Ottawa...so, I decided it was really a futile exercise to apply. Actually, even if I was more mobile, I don't think I'd apply to mac as the style of learning is somewhat too unstructured for me...I enjoy a good mix of self learning, group learning, and class time.

Good luck.

Peter

Archived