Premed 101 Forums

Mail delivery canceled...no joke!

Guest mumfirst

Guest mumfirst

I just called our village post office to find out if everything is okay because our mail is 5 hours late and was told that delivery has been canceled today because of the weather!!!!!! Whatever happened to "through rain, and sun, and sleet and snow"????? At least she said that I could pick it up if I wanted...now, if it is a thin envelope could I manage the drive home with tears streaming down my face? Hmmmm. On the other hand, could I manage another sleepless night?

Guest macdaddyeh

Mumfirst:

That's why I asked you where you lived; I knew the weather really affected Southern Ontario in general, but was particularly bad inside and outside the GTA (as per the news).

I concur with GI Jenie; go for the letter!!!!!!! In some small communities, you can call the postal clerk and ask them what you got in the mail (my wife is from one such community; really nice). That might save you a drive if you can call.

Let us know either way!

Guest mumfirst

I had to go down to the village to pick up my daughter from preschool anyway so I stopped by the post office. It seemed like an eternity as the postal worker stepped behind the "wall" to fetch my mail. As she reappeared, my heart dropped as I saw that she only had small envelopes...but I did receive a letter. Unfortunately (or fortunately I guess as it was small), it was just my renewal notice for the YMCA!! :rollin

Alas, another sleepless night ahead. :\

Archived