Premed 101 Forums

Letters are on their way!!!

Guest mumfirst

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kirsteen

Egads,

I feel nervous for you guys--and that's just from reading all of the above. ;) Hopefully you can manage to find a good and effective diversion for a wee bit until some good news arrives!

Good luck to you all,

Kirsteen

Guest eJaya

Hi Kirsteen!

Like most of the people on this forum, I am astounded that a medical school hasn't grabbed you up yet. You seem like such a genuine and thoughtful person. (are you a mom by any chance?) I read your posts all of the time because they're so well written and helpful. Thanks for all of the upbeat and optimistic posts.

Good luck to you this year and maybe I'll run into you sometime - you're in TO right?

Take Care.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there eJaya,

Thanks for your note. Are you in TO? UofT? If so to both, then which program?

As to momhood, only to a slight offbeat degree--to two tyrannical Siamese cat-brothers! :D

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest MedsWannabe

How can I get into meds if I can't even post properly! :D

Sorry guys, both of the above are from me... had a bit of a computer mishap!

Guest eJaya

Hi again,

Yup, I'm in Toronto doing my MSc in Chemistry, although the actual project I'm working on is in Biomedical Engineering. I'm in the old mining building at McCaul and College streets. Sorry about the mom thing- you just sound like one- I guess cats count too though!

Margaret Jaya

Guest Dannyboy

I've decided to sign out of this forum for probably quite awhile--I have too much work to do and not enough time to read the posts (which, obviously, I've been doing too much of...).

SO: best of luck to everyone, especially over the next couple of days (and then the next couple of months and then...just have a nice long ride on the good luck-train, okay?). And thanks so much for all the advice that I have feasted on over the past month or so!!

I'm leaving town tomarrow so I won't be getting any news from jolly ol' Mac for another week.........patience is a virtue....which I severely lack....oh well...

Thanks again!

Dannyboy:

Sorry to hear that you will be away for a while. I hope that upon your return to the Snowy City just North of the centre of the Universe, you find a large, brown envelope (although it may be a little soggy from being in the mailbox that long).

Stay warm.

PD

P.S. Logical check is in the mail. (Just like everything else we dream of!) :hat

Guest macdaddyeh

Again, miraculously early, my mail is in, but I'm too nervous to go and get it:rolleyes I know it sounds crazy, but I just can't bring myself to look. I'll let you know shortly. Anyone else in the GTA got good early news?

Macdaddyeh

Guest nicolekavita

Hi,

I know I would be so nervous to check my mail. I wish you the best.

I would be online as I get ready for work.....routing for you!

go check...you waited long enough!

Nicole

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

Yeah, best wishes from me too Macdaddyeh...

I know the suspense must be terribly stalling right now for you, but think positively, picture the big brown envelope in your mailbox, and I bet you it'll be there:D Why else would your mailman bring it so darned early?!?!

~JZ

Guest grandmellon

I agree with bizzak, there is only one reason why the post man would come that easy, and that is to bring good news! I wish my postman would do that... I am afraid that he will deliver it to the wrong house... this happens quite often!! We always get out neighbours letters. I'm at 1138 the neighbour is 1136, so I think he thinks the 8 is a 6 and we get their mail... it should be madatory that post men get eye tests!!! anyways... if i dont get it I'll know to check my neighbours....

GOOD LUCK :eek

Guest macdaddyeh

Ok, Ok everyone. I'll head down in about an hour! To preempt any possible bad news I'll say it like Susan Lucci does: "It's been an honour even applying (in this case)";)

It's just so nerve wracking I can barely handle looking. Anybody else feel that way? But you well-wishers could be right; mail delivery this week has been unusually early so it could yield good news!

Here's hopin:o

Guest mumfirst

Macdaddyeh, Go and GET it!!!! How can you stand knowing the mail is there and not checking? I sit here waiting for our mail car and you can be bet I'll be down that driveway before she has a chance to put the mail flag up!!! Good luck - let us know! :)

Archived