Premed 101 Forums

Letters are on their way!!!

Guest mumfirst

Guest mumfirst

Macdaddyeh, Go and GET it!!!! How can you stand knowing the mail is there and not checking? I sit here waiting for our mail car and you can be bet I'll be down that driveway before she has a chance to put the mail flag up!!! Good luck - let us know! :)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peachy

congrats dannyboy, when you eventually read this.

macdaddyeh, I think that we're all trying to get you to open it cause we're just as curious as you at this point!! :lol

Guest Carolyn

Yikes... I'm in medical school, have a residency starting in July and I'VE CHECKED this board 5 times in the last half hour to see if macdaddyeh has checked -- YIKES it is driving ME nuts!! (yeah I have the day off today)...

Do me a favour and please just go check... I have things to do... :)

P.S. Oh yeah - good luck

Guest Shahenshah

lol to the post above:) ...the thing is I've applied to mac as well but would be utterly shocked if I got an interview however, I'm really really hoping macdaddyeh gets one and that's the only reason I'm checking this thread now..as for my mail, well it takes a few more hours to get here..

Guest peachy

LOL Carolyn!!!!!!! I'm going to admit, then, that I took a detour to the computer lab on my way to class this morning so that I could check again. :)

Guest macdaddyeh

Hi guys and gals:

Thanks for your well wishes. Today there was no mail for me:\

Maybe it's a GTA thing? Anyways, like all of you the wait is driving me insane (I got no sleep last night). If it doesn't come tomorrow I'll have bags under my eyes and look like:x

I have also been severely procrastinating on a major term paper so I better get to it! Fellow posties, keep us posted!

Guest K2Optimist

Hi All! I've been a consistent "lurker" around here for a while now, but I'm just dying today ... between waiting for my own letter AND waiting to hear about everyone else on this board ... it's killing me 8o

Guest mumfirst

No news in boonie land east of Peterborough! I was sure that today was going to be the day. The postie drove up but didn't raise the flag so I thought that there was nothing there. I decided to take the dog for a walk (yeah right!) and figured that on my way I would just check in the mailbox. Oh, there was mail - just a bank statement. Ahhhhhh! Can we wait until tomorrow?

By the way, is there any truth in the suggestion that the bigger envelopes travel slower than the smaller ones? LOL :lol

Dannyboy - congrats on your interview!!

Macdaddyeh - I hear your pain about having to wait another day!

Guest habra

Got thinveloped in LONDON. This is my second time applying to MAC. No percentiles this year only that there are more than 3000 people applying and we have had an extraordinary nuber of superb application (LOL one was mine i guess). I love it when they say qualified applicants (If I was qualified I would have got an interview :) )

I don't think I would ever qualify for this program. In the UTORONTO MEDICINE magazine I was reading about the the UoFT founder of the experimental mini med school program and he is a MAC MD graduate. According to this newsletter he was a mac graduate that was an English Major and actually worked with Mother Theresa in Calcutta ! wow that is incredible. I certainly have never done anything remotely as impressive as that. At the end of the letter they say we continue to be grateful for you interest in the McMaster medical programme.

Anyway, that is number 6 will see what happens with the rest!

Hope the gods will be smiling on the rest of fellow applicants who are still waiting.

Guest shelleyrn

Hi all....it seems our neighbours to the east have blown a bit of the white stuff over here....hmmm....delay of the posties? No mail yet today...the tension is killing me....and macdaddyeh....tomorrow, please, just check the mail!!! lol.....Shel

Guest eJaya

Hi Habra,

I've also gotten the bad news today from Mac (I'm downtown Toronto for anyone who's interested). Congrats to all of you who get better news.

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

Habra, eJaya, and others...

very sorry to hear about your rejections. I know that no condolence we can offer will make you feel any better, but know that we are all thinking about ya, and wishing you all the best on your other applications. My uncle always says that success is not giving up, and in my line of work, I find that the people who get the furthest ahead are the ones who hit an obstacle, immediately change direction, and speed up rather than slow down. Judging from other posts, I don't think that you guys will let these letters get you down for long.

~JZ

Guest macdaddyeh

Habra and Ejaya:

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive good news! I hope you both apply again.

Shelleyrn:

I feel bad raising everyone's hope that the mail in my building was in so early (just nothin for me). Tomorrow I won't post until I have something..erghhhhhhh.

Take care and happy waiting

Guest mumfirst

For those that have received the thin envelope, I'm so sorry to hear. I know how it feels - this is my second year applying. Habra, don't be so hard on yourself about not being qualified. If Mac only offers 384 interviews, does that mean that applicant #385 isn't just as qualified? Absolutely not! I'm sure there aren't many Mother Theresa sidekicks either! :lol I would say that there are likely close to 1000 (maybe even more) that are great applicants - they just have to draw the line somewhere.

To all that have been thinveloped, good luck on your other applications (or on next year's application :) ). For those that are still waiting, GOOD LUCK!

To those of you who are receiving thin envelops:

My roommate (in meds at U of T) had a conversation this past year with an admission committee member of Mac. This adcom member indicated that the first 50 Mac students are relatively easy to pick (by their outstanding personal achievement i.e. Mother Theresa sidekick). After that, he said it would have been just as easy to take the next 300-400 applicants, throw their applications in the air and pick out the next 80-90 students. The calibre of the class would be unchanged regardless of which 80 they picked!

So, hang in there. Good luck with the other apps. And, if need be, apply again next year.

PD

Guest DarcyChpmn

Well, I have another rejection letter to add to my collection. YeeeHaaaaa!! one more to look at in 10 years, when I'm explaining to my kids that despite the let downs and set backs in life, perseverance and determination will eventually pay off.

Guest grandmellon

Did anyone else in london get a letter? It's so weird, I usually get mail every day whether it be ads or bills, but the last two days I have received absolutely nothing!!! What is going on here?!?! Is this some kind of nasty suspense thriller... oh well... I'm gonna finish my milk and cookies while I wait for santa claus. :D

Guest Koggetsu

MacDaddyYeh:

haha its ok, don't feel sorry for me, I got interviews for the other schools anyways, I knew I didn't have a shot at Mac from the beginning but i had to apply to it anyways ! Anyways I live in "Scarlem" and since u didn't get the letter yet, i'm pretty sure u have an interview then

Good luck!

Guest macdaddyeh

Hey Koggetsu:

I nearly fell off my chair laughing at "Scarlem." I usually call it "Scarberia" since its WWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY out there. Have any good ones for Etobicoke?

PS...Why did you think you "didn't have a shot?" I keep seeing that response. My GPA isn't as incredible as some of the people who are getting NO responses, so I'm getting worried (but I did write a killer auto submission). We'll see just how killer it was :P

Guest Koggetsu

Well, after reading about some of the other people'scommetns about themselves in this forum, I know that my resume is unspectacular compared to a lot of you guys, and from my expericne, I know that Mac values these experiences much more than marks.

Last year, when I applied I was 40% in the questions, so basically I knew that even if I was lucky and improved by 20% lets say this year, I wasn't getting an interview.

I don't know if u applied last year, maybe u can tell me what percentile u were?

Guest macdaddyeh

I got an interview! The Lord works in mysterious ways. I literally worked for three months on my submission. Thank you all again for supporting me with your well wishes and comments. I'll keep you all posted.

I'm rooting for y'all (especially you mumfirst....let us know!)

:rollin

As for my stats, cuz I know some want to know:

-first time applicant

-only applied to Mac

-GPA 3.6 (better since time of application)

-male applicant

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

COngrats brotha!!

I am very relieved and happy that you finally got your letter today. I am anxiously awaiting the fate that beholds me when I get home this afternoon. Trust that it is Friday, and I am leaving damn early!! I know you will rock your interview. I think you had pretty much everything down on your stats there except for the fact that you wrote a kick a$$ essay! Congrats again man, you deserve it.

~JZ

Guest erinsmom2bmd

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here I thought you were going to keep us all waiting.

What day is your interview?

Guest macdaddyeh

Hi again you two:

Guess whoz Bizzak, thanks for those very welcome comments. Erinsmom, thank you too. I interview on March 30, and you?

Archived