Premed 101 Forums

Letters are on their way!!!

Guest mumfirst

Macdaddyeh,

It's great to hear of such a loyal postie getting an interview at Mac. I'm sure many of the community members appreciate all the support you have provided over the past few weeks. Perhaps the Lord doesn't work in mysterious ways; perhaps he simply rewards those most deserving of recognition for their service towards others. Kudos to you.

PD

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I thought I was going to have to stalk the bulletin boards this morning to see how macdaddyeh ended up. . . Congrats!!!! Mac would be lucky to have such a dedicated person.

It's so refreshing to see people actually excited about their interviews! I am so used to undergrads who *expect* their interviews (and that they will get in) rather than being over-joyed. Good luck to everyone who has yet to hear! I hate the wait too!

BJ

Guest mumfirst

Macdaddyeh,

Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!! :D I'm so glad to hear that you got your big envelope. Hey, you are male? Who'd have thought it? Your user name would never have given you away! :lol

Congrats again and thanks for the well wishes!!

Guest mumfirst

Bigveloped east of Peterborough!!! I can hardly believe that I am typing these words but I also received an interview invite - March 30th!!!

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

The postie truck managed to sneak by without me noticing. I just happened to be taking the dog for a walk again (yeah right) and thought I'd check the mailbox. At first I was excited to see the big envelope but then it didn't feel like there was much in it so I figured I had been waitlisted. Alas, as the words sunk in, the tears flowed. I have waited many years for this letter!!!

For those that are interested, this is my 2nd year applying, I applied only to Mac because I love their program, I have a BA in Psychology, I am a "mature" applicant with many years as a banker.

Congratulations to all fellow interviewees and for those that won't be interviewing this year....DON'T give up on your dreams. I haven't, and now I am finally one step closer...

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

mumfirst,

please accept my most heartfelt congratulations with the news of your upcoming interview. My mom is 46 and is completing her bachelors degree part time. I am so proud of her that she is working hard toward her dream. I am equally as proud of you :) Well done!!

~JZ

Guest macdaddyeh

Mumfirst, YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

:rollin

Maybe, I'll see you on March 30!

Did you get an interview last year or will this be your first? I can't recall.

I'm most nervous about the video just because it seems so vague. Anyways, congratulations. I believed in you!:D

Guest MACbetty

congrats to you macdaddyeh and mumfirst, and everyone else who got that big, brown envelope!

good luck at your interviews.

macbetty

Guest mumfirst

Thanks IRNBRUD, Macdaddyeh, and MacBetty!!!

Macdaddyeh, This is my first interview. From what I have heard the video and writing exercise is really just a way to evaluate how well you are able to assess the feelings of others (and to self evaluate of course as that is a key skill to succeed at Mac). I wouldn't worry too much about it....oh sure, that is sooooooo easy to say! LOL

My check in time is 11:35 and it looks like I will be there until at least 4:00, so we will likely run in to each other! I will definitely be going the day before and based on the dream that I had about getting lost I think I might trek over on Saturday afternoon just to get my bearings!

Guest erinsmom2bmd

Mumfirst,

I was so excited to see your post! Congratulations!

(I can't believe the postie truck actually got by you!)

I am with you. I waited over 10 years for this letter (I applied to medical school in 1993 and did not receive any interviews). I only applied to Mac this year for the same reasons as you.

I still can't focus on work - TGIF!

I look forward to meeting you on March 30th. My check in time is also 11:35am. Are you not going to stay for the tour at 4:30pm?

Macdaddyeh,

What time are you checking in on March 30th?

Guess whoz Bizzak,

Any word yet???

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

Nothing yet from me....my mail usually comes in around 3pm or so. I'm planning to leave work early so that I can be there to get it when it arrives. I hate being the last to hear, cause it builds it up even more. Anyway, work is terribly busy today with meetings and what not, so it's helping me keep my mind off of the mail. Will let you guys know when I find out myself.

~JZ

Guest macdaddyeh

Hi Ladies:

I'm checking in even earlier at 1005, so I'll likely miss you. I'm going to hang around for the tour though at 4:30! Good idea mumfirst to check things out the day before as to locale, directions, colour coding, etc.

We'll be in touch....

Guess whoz Bizzak-sendin' out a prayer your way!;)

Guest macdreams

CONGRATS macdaddyeh and mumfirst!! :D :D :D

I think you two both TOTALLY deserve it. Best of luck on your interviews (With any luck Beth, grandmellon and I will be joining you, too!)

Mac Dreams

Guest macdaddyeh

Thanks Macdreams:

You deserve this honour just as much. Let's hope that wait list moves!:P

Here's to seeing you (and grandmellon, beth and guess whoz bizzak) at the interviews;)

Take care..

When do they let you know?

Guest macdreams

Hi macdaddyeh,

Oh, no! Poor Bizzak got the wait list letter too, sheesh!!

They let us know any time between now and 24 hours before the interview! Can you believe it? Just 24 hours! Atleast I live in Toronto... it would be hard to travel so fast from a lot of other places.

CONGRATS, again!

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

Thanks Macdreams - and best of luck to you too :)

It's so wierd, cause at this exact moment in time, I feel like Edward Norton in Fight Club - just daydreaming through his days at work, waiting until his self-created reality (his fight club) emerged again....I guess that means I am overly attached to my mailbox, and we are all part of the greater project 'get into Mac'!!

45 min and I am out of here!

~JZ

Guest macdaddyeh

GWB:

Remember how all were itching to see if I got a letter yesterday; well now I can't bear it any longer. Get home and let us know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(drive safely please...if u drive):)

Here's waiting for your THICKvelope!;)

Guest Namgalsip

I feel like I'm watching a suspense thriller...will they get it? will they not? will they be thinveloped, will the be bigbrownveloped? Ahh, the suspense is killing me.....and it's not even my letter that I'm waiting for!

Bizzak, we're all rooting for you....go get that mail!

Nams

Archived