Premed 101 Forums

Wait Listed

Guest Beth

I received a big brown envelope in Waterloo today. I was so excited (and shocked), until I opened it to find that I am on the interview waitlist?!?! Is anyone in the same situation or know anything about this? I am wondering what my chances are of actually getting an interview (I certainly wouldn't give my spot up if I had received one)?

Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet!!

Guest Carolyn

That happened to a friend in the class. she called everyday and kept her cell phone with her. Someone cancelled two days before the 2nd weekend and she ended up with an interview and an invite on the first round...

So there is hope!

Good luck and congratulations

Carolyn

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

Hey Beth,

not sure what the history has been with interview waiting lists at Mac, but I do know that they wait the period of time that interviewees have to acknowledge and confirm their respective interviews, and if there are some 'no responses', they will then give those spots to members ont he interview waitlist. Bet that must have been a rollercoaster for you. Good luck in any event!

~JZ

Guest macdaddyeh

Beth:

My understanding of the waitlist is ditto to the above post! It's not necessarily a bad situation, although I think a wait like that would drive me even more insane! Take care and best wishes;) .....Let us know when you DO get an interview.

PS. Bug them every day at Admissions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest macdreams

Hi Beth!

I can SYMPATHIZE entirely :) I, too, was wait-listed today (in downtown Toronto for those that are keeping track :D )

When I saw the brown envelope I was extactic but having read your post earlier today I knew I could still be dissapointed. Still, it's a shot :b

GOOD LUCK TO YOU and to all those that have yet to hear.:rollin

Mac Dreams

Hey macdreams!

At least we still have a chance, right?! I called the admissions office to get some more information. She wouldn't tell me how many people there are on the list or where I am, but she did say that every year people do turn down interview invitations. :D Now we can move our attention from the mailbox to the phone!!

Good luck!! I hope that things work out for everyone in this situation. Let me know if you hear anything!!

Guest ploughboy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

Hi Beth and macdreams,

Ohmigosh, sorry to hear about your interview waitlisting. In a way that's almost more frustrating than an outright rejection!

You probably need a laugh right now, here's my best shot:

"The leg bone's connected to the hip bone,

The hip bone's connected to the...red thing,

The red thing's connected to my...wristwatch...uh-oh!"

- - Dr. Nick Riveria (The Simpsons)

Regards,

pb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (OpenBSD)

Comment: For info see www.gnupg.org

iD8DBQE+Z3p0/HNgbK3bC2wRAtwfAKCHBT3Nwi/ndQNzlKvjC5w/Ubq9IACfaFcb

ZB7vxcuVeZ9tOcJ0nJtIhNc=

=RCvJ

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Guest macdreams

Hey Beth!

I'm glad you called, but sorry you didn't have much luck! I'll probably try calling tomorrow, and will let you know if I fare any better :) Here's hoping that we're both near the top of the waiting list. :b

Thanks for quote, ploughboy. It made me laugh :lol

Mac Dreams

Guest mumfirst

Hi Beth and macdreams,

Oh my gosh - how agonizing to have to wait even longer!!! Congrats though on being THAT close. I guess all those that receive invites need to keep these fellow applicants in mind and return your yeah or ney quickly!!!

Good luck - I hope you hear about a confirmed interview soon!

Guest Head Dawg

I'm also in Waterloo and also got the big brown envelope in the mail today. Happily, I did get an interview for March 29. Just wanted to let you know that I know of a few people who got interviews and eventually accepted to Mac after being initially waitlisted.

Wondering. . .do you go to UofW, or just reside in the 'loo?

Good luck the rest of the Way. Hope to see you in Hamilton!

Guest K2Optimist

I'm glad to hear there are some "big envelopes" in Waterloo now (congrats BigDawg and Beth!). I'm from Waterloo, but unfortunately I'm out of town right now. It's *comforting* (read: driving me insane!) to know that there is some sort of envelop sitting in my mail box right now that I must wait until Sunday to discover! My brother also lives in Waterloo, but refuses to go check the mail for me. Ugh!!!!! :x Hopefully being patient will bring good news ... ;)

Guest grandmellon

MacDreams and Beth!

I received the aweful wait-listed letter today!!! How can they do this to us???? I'm starting to wonder how many people get on the wait list... if it's 20 we have a chance... if its 100 we probably are better off to get a lotto 649 ticket! eeeee how depressing... hehee i think we almost made it but not quite!:rollin Now I'm starting to wonder whether they have the right phone number for me... anyone know how I can find that out?

Best of luck to you Macdreams and beth! I hope we all get interviews... do you think they will tell us where we are on the waitlist? And how does that work is it a random waitlist or is it according to rank???

This is worse than getting a rejection letter cause we are going to have to wait for a whole month! hehe oh well :eek

Guest Blackbird15

uh... is this the same Beth i met at the Dal interview? Someone emailed me this website last week. I should have known something like this existed...I wonder who else here I've met/will meet during the interview rounds... Anyway, best of luck on the Mac interview! Mac's pretty competitive, so in this case, it really is an honour just to be nominated...

Hey Blackbird!

I was at Dalhousie this weekend.....what an amazing school. What is your real name (or when did we meet if you don't want to post it)? I hope that you had a safe trip home!!

Guest Blackbird15

Hi Beth,

I'm the other girl from Mac. It's strange to run into people you know on the internet... MacDaddyeh, in response to your question, I had an interview at Dal and Toronto, and will be having one at Queens and Mac. I'm still waiting to hear from McGill...

Blackbird....we were on the same flight to Halifax, right? It was nice to meet you on the weekend. I hope that your other interviews go well. Good luck!!

Guest Blackbird15

Hi Beth,

Yep. We were on the same plane. I met your mom. Good luck to you too. If you get an interview an are looking for a place to stay and don't mind sleeping on a crappy couch in a depressing basement apt with no sunlight, please feel free to email me. blackbird195@yahoo.ca

Archived