Premed 101 Forums

Still Waiting?

Guest mjs3

I just called the admissions office because I haven't received a letter yet. They confirmed that they were all sent out last week and couldn't release the thin vs. thickvelope info over the phone but if no letter was received by the end of the week to call them back.

Just in case anyone else wanted to know...

MJS3

Guest sir charles

urghhh... i checked a while back with omsas to make sure they had my correct address (b/c i never received a confirmation from them)... anyway, the lady said that they had me on file and asked me for my address to confirm and what do you know? she didn't bother to tell me that they had the WRONG address. honest mistake? probably but really annoying (they had the right house number but wrong street number)... anyone who hasn't received a letter yet (like NB person) might want to call mac to make sure that they have your correct vitals. okay, well, the wait continues... :(

Guest MedsWannabe

Good luck to all that are waiting. It is agonizing- I know, first hand. I got my thinvelope today, living proof that thickvelopes don't travel slower. Good luck to all who wait- hope you get your answers!

Sorry about the thinvelope MedsWannabe....I'll probably get one but I'm...

STILL WAITING! How long can it really take to get here, EEEEeeek.....well maybe it's better to be hopeful than dissapointed...

Thanks for letting me know cassica--at least now I have some idea that the mail didn't dissapear at the NB border!

I'll give it till Thursday till I call--since I did call them just yesterday!

Congrats on the invite!

Guest cassica

Good job mjs3, the wait was well worth it! where abouts are you in NB? I am wondering if anyone at my uni has an invite too. Things are a bit tense regarding these issues so I have to find out in a round about way :rollin

Guest cassica

mjs3, I am in 4th year bio chem I thought about it...did I got to China with you? I am in health sciences society.... this is a fun guessing game

Hi Cassie,

Yes you did (China), sorry the game is over so early! Please keep this on the down-low as only a couple people know about my even applying. But I'd love to get prepared with you! Congrats on the invite! Where else are you interviewing?

MJS3

Guest cassica

Hey, I don't know how I guessed to soon! I interviewd at Dal and MUN too. Just waiting for Dal's response now :b That is my first choice. What about you?>:

Hi Cassie,

I just got the Mac interview. Applied to Ottawa too but no invite. I just applied to those two b/c I am only 3rd year and no MCAT.

I am sure you'll have no prob with Dal. Will you still go to Mac if you get into Dal before your interview? When is your Mac interview?

Congrats on the invite too! Dr C. said he only knows of three UNBers ever to have Mac interviews and only one got in--I didn't tell him about yours though.

I really didn't expect an invite, but I'm not complaining!!! I'll probably be doing the maritime uni's next year....but I hope not!

Guest cassica

MJS3, I didn't mean to put that angry face up! Oops.... anyways, Dr. C is so famous, we talk about him on the forum hehe. I got rejected from Ottawa too :P Their loss. I got accepted to MUN today, but for some reason, Dal is still my first choice. I have never been to Mac though, so we'll see. Besides, what are my chances anyway?I didn;t expect an interview and now i owe my dad $100...@#%$. hhhhhmm, gotta start prepping together soon :D

Hi Cassie,

Yeah, for sure! You have my email address--on the Health Science Society list. Congrats on MUN!! That's awesome! I am sure you''ll hear from Dal soon--they have another batch of invites coming out soon, don't they?

MJS3

Archived