Premed 101 Forums

Hey Everyone, 

is it normal to be anxious now, after getting an interview - i feel like i cant study for finals (still have 3 left) but my brain just can't study and keeps getting super nervous about how that interview is giong to go and ontop of that I feel like I keep getting mad over small things with everyone cuz im so antsy right now ...

feel free to laugh at me but i would LOVE if someone had any advice or anything 

#FirstTimeInterviewee 

Lots of people feel this way. I certainly did last year when I got my invitation to interview.

I think it’s really helpful to try to actively confront these feelings directly and work on trying different things to manage your stress. Some people like to exercise, some people take fun breaks to engage in hobbies, some people mediate, others double down on work and just try to focus like crazy, etc., etc.

Not everything you try will work for you. So try different things, and reflect on what helps! I think the most helpful thing is just to keep working on recognizing when you’re getting stressed or anxious in the moment and then actively trying to deal with it as best you can! It’s a useful skill once you’re in medical school too, and you’ll get better at it with practice.

Congrats on getting an interview! This is a good problem to have :) think of the other applicants, who are distracted from their finals because they are stressing and spiraling about the 'whys' of having their applications rejected. You have achieved a good result and don't let the anxiety monster take that away from you. 

Put those thoughts in a box and do not open until after finals. Good luck!

Archived