Premed 101 Forums

Which Kaplan Book Should I Be Using?

uber

I see alot of people recommending the kaplan book for the DAT but I have no idea which one they are talking about. Can someone give me a link to where you can buy it or the full name of the book so I can just google it to find it? There are so many editions and theres Kaplan Review notes, Kaplan blue book etc I dont know which one to buy

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/dat-2017-2018-strategies-practice/9781506209173-item.html?ikwsec=Books&ikwidx=54

thats what people mean by the Kaplan blue book^. They sell the newest edition in stores, but you can find the older ones second hand easily and they’re just as good.

That being said, go skim through the book in store and see what you think. Personally, I thought it didn’t go in depth enough, and people usually use it along with other resources.

Kaplan blue book is the one that I used to prepare for my DAT. It was pretty cheap cause I got it from indigo for like $40. People are right in that it doesn’t really go in-depth enough in some aspects especially plant/fungi topics. However i was able to supplement that with knowledge from uni courses. If you’re not from a bio background you might want to add Cliffs AP bio to help

4 hours ago, WE WUZ KANGZ said:

Kaplan blue book is the one that I used to prepare for my DAT. It was pretty cheap cause I got it from indigo for like $40. People are right in that it doesn’t really go in-depth enough in some aspects especially plant/fungi topics. However i was able to supplement that with knowledge from uni courses. If you’re not from a bio background you might want to add Cliffs AP bio to help

Well I am thinking of getting it to practice the PAT since I heard it is good for its value if you just want to practice your PAT, is there any other books (don't like websites) that you think are good for PAT practice for the Canadian DAT?

3 hours ago, uber said:

Well I am thinking of getting it to practice the PAT since I heard it is good for its value if you just want to practice your PAT, is there any other books (don't like websites) that you think are good for PAT practice for the Canadian DAT?

The DAT manual that is purchasable from the Canadian DAT store also has valuable PAT practice from what I hear. If you're looking for more practice that isn't a pricey online course that might just be the thing to buy! Should also be around $30-40

Archived