Premed 101 Forums

Starting Date

Guest WTBMED3

Guest jmh2005

Orientation week (which is mandatory and amazingly fun!!) begins Monday, August 25th and official classes start on Tuesday, Sept., 2nd. Hope that helps!

Guest WTBMED3

Is the orientation week really mandatory? I am suppose to run a summer camp for street kids that week. I would love to be there for orientation though.... I guess I would love to have this dilemma.....because that would mean that I got accepted :P

Guest jmh2005

The week is for the most part, mandatory. There are definately certain things you could miss, but for the most part, you do need to be there. You need to do lots of 'housekeeping' as well...picking up your student card, registration information, hospital/program photo ID is done this week, etc...Besides this is the best time to meet your fellow classmates!!

Guest macMDstudent

Another good reason to show up in orientation week is that you are not given any kind of schedule at Mac. You are told who your tutors are for the various types of tutorials and your group has to call up each tutor and arrange your group's schedule. If you want any input to when your various tutorials are, you have to be there; otherwise the other members in the group will arrange it all. The result may be a schedule that doesn't work well for you.

This is especially important for people with outside commitments (family, continuing previous career part time etc). The sooner you start working on arranging your schedule, the more organized you'll feel. It really is hard to make plans for the rest of your life outside school until you have that schedule done.

Archived