Premed 101 Forums

HAMILTON NEWS

Guest IRNBRUD

Guest IRNBRUD

NEWS FLASH........

BIG BROWN ENVELOPE LANDS IN DOWNTOWN HAMILTON MAILBOX (via regular mail).

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooooooooo hooooooooooooooo

here's hoping some of you receive the good news today too.

FYI:

Second time applicant to Mac and second time interviewee.

First and only choice.

GPA above 3.80

Bachelor of Social Work

uhmmmmmmmmmm head in clouds!!

I won't be able to answer anything else till later so sorry about that. BUT GOOD LUCK PEOPLE!!!!

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Guest MayFlower1

IRNBRUD,

I cannot tell you how happy I am for you. You are so deserving of this. It has been such a pleasure knowing you over the past two years. You are going to make an amazing doctor. Congratulations!

Peter

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

IRNBRUD...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Wow, when they said they mailed out the letters yesterday, I never would have though that good old Canada Post would be efficient enough to hit some of the Hamilton area homes already?? This is such wonderful news for you IRNBRUD. Take your time digesting all of this, and make sure you celebrate accordingly!! I hope that many more of us receive good news today (and early next week)....

~JZ

Guest Namgalsip

Hey Irnbrud,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You must be on clowd 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

I'm so happy for you!

Nams

Guest erinsmom2bmd

Congratulations IRNBRUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only did you receive your great news on Friday, but early Friday morning! Congratulations again!

Guess whoz bizzak,

As a fellow Richmond Hiller, I'm relying on you today to hear if Mac mail arrives in Richmond Hill. I know the chances are very slim, but we can always hope. I'm away on holidays out West until tomorrow and the suspence is killing me!

Thanks,

Erinsmom

Guest grandmellon

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS thats so aweome you must be so ECSTATIC! I wish I lived in hamilton :rollin

maybe next year... we will soon find out :D

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!111

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

Erinsmom,

I am there for you girl! I will definately be posting as soon as I hear anything from lovely Richmond Hill (good or bad), so rest assurred. Enjoy the rest of your trip out west, and I am sure good things will come to you in the next couple of days.

~JZ

Guest Lynlloyd

CONGRATULATIONS AND CELEBRATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW.....that's fantastic!!! Thanks for posting and letting us know!!

Anxiously awaiting in Oakville!!!!!

Guest MacMedPlease

News arrived for me in Ancaster this morning.

I'm wait listed.....better than rejection.

FYI.....BScN, MSc, GPA 3.67, first time applying to med school

Guest IRNBRUD

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Another perseverance success story I guess..

I just wanted to say that I have no idea what that second waitlist thing is about. I got a flat out rejection letter last year so maybe that is a new thing. Either way....don't lose hope. I'm proof that if you stick it out and keep trying you can still become a doctor!!!!!

To those of you still waiting...:eek make sure you get lots of hugs. Pets, spouses, parents and children are good for that :D . I am totally crisscrossed like a contortionist for good luck and sending all of my new found good vibes to you all.

Cheers

IB

Guest macdaddyeh

Hi IRNBRUD et al who were accepted! Congratulations!

Purely out of intereste sake, despite many of us having 24 hours left to go, what exactly does an acceptance pakcage say and include if you don't mind indulging an enquiring mind? Is it really thick or thin? bigger than the interview invite letter? Tonnes of instructions inside?

Guest IRNBRUD

Hi Macdaddyeh,

Congrats on the new addition to the family!!

Here are the package details for those interested. For those uninterested stop reading now!!

8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

Envelope...just like the one for the interview. I found it deceptively thin....although I really didn't know what I was looking for. I hear waitlist letters come in thin white envelopes FYI

1 page letter of offer (Too much detail to type it all at this moment although we must respond by June 13 for those wanting to know....)

1 page welcome by the Student Admissions Committee

1 page outlining the program briefly

1 page response for Mac

1 page response for OMSAS

1 copy of the OMSAS form

2 pages communicable disease screening forms

1 page frequently asked financial questions

1 page memo re Cardiac training

1 page CMA financial services

2 envelopes for the responses

I wouldn't say that there are tons of instructions. The letters are more congratulatory in nature. Some of my previous questions have been answered by the contents though. I think after this weekend I will likely be more able to wrap my head around the clerical details of it all.

Anyway....hope that helps!

IB

Archived