Premed 101 Forums

Feedback

Guest wowmed

Guest wowmed

Hi!

This thread is for those who received a thin envelope... I was wondering if anyone received any kind of feedback regarding their rejection.........

Guest IRNBRUD

Hi there,

I'm not sure what the policy is this year. Last year there was no feedback offered with the rejection letter. In late Sept (?) we were provided with percentile ranking based on our GPA, Auto Sub., video/small group exercies, and personal interview.

I did attempt to make arrangements to review my application with the md office, however, they were not willing to do so.

The percentile rankings seem to come and go at mac...I would call and ask if you can expect any feedback in the fall.

Good Luck to you and don't give up!!

IB

Guest everyoneloveschem

Just to add my 2 cents. I agree with VWdubber that I have yet to hear of a rejection, which is good, who wants to be rejected, but sucks for all of us on that @#%$ secondary waitlist (i.e. Mac didn't have the guts to reject anyone but just drew up a second waitlist).

Guest macdaddyeh

Peachy:

Your words contradict what I learned today from the Mac med admissions office:

The receptionist (don't know her name) told me today on the phone that NOBODY received a rejection. She said there were three "blocks" this year; 1 unconditional admission, 2 primary waitlist and 3 secondary waitlist...all based on the decision made by the "new chair of the department."

I don't know what my feelings on this are but it came from the proverbial horse's mouth. If you don't mind obliging us waitlisters, are you able to post what the rejection letter said that you're friend received ;)

To confirm, someone else may substantiate my post by calling the admissions office themselves concerning rejections (or the lack thereof).

Guest jmh2005

I would go with what Macdaddyeh heard...we do have a new chair and we had heard that things would be different slightly...and this must be one of those things...admission, waitlist, 2ndary waitlist

Sorry I don't have better news for those on the 2ndary waitlist.

Take care.

Guest wowmed

If no one received any rejection letters then what was all that about receiving thin envelopes in March????

Also..... I am one of those unfortunate ones who was slapped by the so called thin envelope.>:

Guest MacMedPlease

Okay...when I talked to the admissions office, they said that there was acceptances, primary and secondary waitlists and rejection letters sent. I specifically asked are is every one on one of the waitin lists or are some people rejected....and I was told people were rejected.

Mixed info....Maybe someone should phone to confirm this....

Archived