Premed 101 Forums

Mistake in Personal Statement

I was looking over my Personal Statements and noticed a spelling error; instead of saying "or" I wrote "o." I don't think there were any other grammar/spelling errors besides that. Would this impact my application or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks in advance

For which school is that application for? 
I  know for the U of A OT application, you are able to re-upload your letter of intent/resume if you need to change anything before the application deadline of Jan 31st.

But in my opinion, I don't think it will impact your application. It seems like a really insignificant error.

6 hours ago, msshark said:

I was looking over my Personal Statements and noticed a spelling error; instead of saying "or" I wrote "o." I don't think there were any other grammar/spelling errors besides that. Would this impact my application or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks in advance

Hi! 

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I did the same after submitting my application last year and realized there were a couple of grammatical mistakes and kept freaking out for the longest time. It didnt prevent me from getting accepted though! :) They would be more focused on your experience than a small error.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived