Premed 101 Forums

MMI Prep Company/ Coach

dentpepe

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could shine some light onto some good MMI interview prep companies that prepare well for interviews? Looking to get some professional help but with an abundance of companies, I don't know which would be best. Personal experience with different companies (the good and bad) would be extremely valuable.

Thanks in advance!

3 minutes ago, dentpepe said:

Thanks for the advice! A lot of these companies honestly look very shady, with a lot of their reviews looking like they've been written by the company themselves so it's hard to know who to trust. Seriously leaning to just prepping myself lol

there is a lot of money to be made if you are willing to work in that area. Nothing wrong in of itself with that I suppose - but there is definitely a power imbalance I think. Plus some of them do have marketing strategies that I disagree with. 

The feeling is mutual though ha - most of them aren't exactly fans of the work we do on this forum. They aren't shy about revealing that either.

7 minutes ago, dentpepe said:

Thanks for the advice! A lot of these companies honestly look very shady, with a lot of their reviews looking like they've been written by the company themselves so it's hard to know who to trust. Seriously leaning to just prepping myself lol

No worries, always here to support my fellow peers. This process is grueling and you don't want companies draining money from you unjustly either. :) 

49 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

there is a lot of money to be made if you are willing to work in that area. Nothing wrong in of itself with that I suppose - but there is definitely a power imbalance I think. Plus some of them do have marketing strategies that I disagree with. 

The feeling is mutual though ha - most of them aren't exactly fans of the work we do on this forum. They aren't shy about revealing that either.

Very true! One of the companies I had seen specifically mentionned something about the advice given on premed101 regarding interview prep illegitimate or unrealiable (paraphrasing fyi) lol It was honestly jokes given the fact this forum helps a lot of people, myself included. 

30 minutes ago, dentpepe said:

Very true! One of the companies I had seen specifically mentionned something about the advice given on premed101 regarding interview prep illegitimate or unrealiable (paraphrasing fyi) lol It was honestly jokes given the fact this forum helps a lot of people, myself included. 

We are two opposites - here is the advice and consensus at times of the many for free (we are legion ha). Yet it will take work to process everything said and process the advice given. There is no question I think that many people here know the system at least as well as anyone else does.

They will charge you and give you a singular "best" method. That method can have successes but it is hard to actually put it head to head with anything. It is quicker but you won't learn really how many things work etc. 

Archived