Premed 101 Forums

U of A Application Question - OT

Hey guys,

So I submitted my application earlier this month so that my references had plenty of time to submit their letters. Now, I am submitting the remained of my documents to the application portal (department checklist, CV, letter of intent form). I noticed that after the institutions there are 4 "department check" spots to attach documents. I'm assuming that is where we upload our additional documents? Does anyone know why there are 4 spaces when we only need to upload 3 additional documents? Is that last spot from CASPer even though we are not required to submit any document for that?

I hope that this makes sense to someone... 

Hope everyone did well on the CASPer :)

u of a.png

I also assumed the four spots were for that and that maybe we had to upload something to prove we registered for and completed the Casper test but nowhere in the checklist does it say to upload anything related to Casper so I am also unsure of what the fourth is for. I was considering emailing the department. Do you also have extra spaces to upload degree certificates and translations? 

I believe we only have to upload: transcript, CV, letter of intent, and department checklist. CASper scores are sent directly to the department, so that 4th item is probably just a system flaw. I think degree certificate and translations are only relevant to applicants outside of Canada and the U.S. 

23 hours ago, TobaOTHopeful said:

I also assumed the four spots were for that and that maybe we had to upload something to prove we registered for and completed the Casper test but nowhere in the checklist does it say to upload anything related to Casper so I am also unsure of what the fourth is for. I was considering emailing the department. Do you also have extra spaces to upload degree certificates and translations? 

TobaOTHopeful: I do also have extra spaces to upload degree certificates/translations. On their website or FAQ somewhere they had stated that only if the degree was taken/granted in a language other than English that we needed to upload for those. 

This is what I heard back from them:

"As per the FAQ section of our website. 

I submitted my application but am now having trouble uploading my outstanding documents.
All supporting documents can continue to be uploaded to a application until the January 31st deadline. Once a applicant has submitted and paid for their application they must now log under the Applicant Portal. If a applicant logs in under existing users they will not be able to upload documents or track the submission of their reference letters.

Note: The Letter of Intent, CV, and Department Checklist documents should be uploaded in any one of the four Department Check items. Applicants do not need to upload any documents pertaining to the CASPer exam as results are sent directly to the department."

Archived