Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Movement

Guest 24medgirl

Guest 24medgirl

Thought I'd start this thread for those who are accepted from the waitlist so that us waitlistees have an idea of how it's moving along.

Congrats to the acceptees and good luck to all of us on the "good" waitlist.

T.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cpmcrry

Great idea!

It will be nice to know when the movement starts. I know it's still a bit early but I spent all day today checking email and my answering machine just in case. This isn't going to bode well for my stress levels over the summer!

Good luck to everybody on the waitlist!

Guest 24medgirl

Thanks OT6. You're very reliable!

I know it may seem silly for us "good waitlisters" to be so anxious, however from what I can tell a lot of us still have a good chance of receiving an offer of acceptance and we're excited about this.

When the waitlist does start to move - I would like to be aware. That way I might be able to gage where I am in respect to others on the list.

Ciao!

T.

Guest Talon01

There are defintely 100% for sure going to be people who get in off the wait list, just hope your name is somewhere near the top!

Guest doctor robot

Also remember that a number of people will remove their names from the waitlist themselves, as they have firmly accepted a spot elsewhere... I'm still hopeful (even if the francophone side moves less)

Good luck y'all!

Guest krismd

Hey All,

I'm new here, and have been waitlisted for NOSM (#18) and Ottawa. I'm just trying to get an idea of how quickly the waitlists are going to move.

So if you are on the waitlist and hear anything please let us know! Thanks also to those who are informing us about their decision to go elsewhere! Really helps keep us waitlisters hopeful!

Kris

Guest 24medgirl

Hi Kris,

Welcome.

What I've gathered is that the waitlist should start moving after May 29th, though in previous years (from reading threads from 04 and 05) it seems that the waitlist started moving about a week after original offers were sent out. Also from what I can tell, most of the waitlist movement should happen between May 29th and July 3rd, with some outlier movement between July 3rd and mid-September.

Hope this helps and good luck to you and all of us waitlisters!

T.

Guest krismd

I was assuming it would too. But I got an email from my other waitlist school (NOSM) and they said some time in the next week there should be movement as the deadline for response was only today.

So although it may not have started today, it may start as soon as tomorrow!!! So good luck to everyone and keep us posted!

Guest Talon01

Like I said in a previous thread, the waitlist didn't start moving until early june last year. They do need some time to process the 'turn downs' that they received today from applicants who were offered spots but are going elsewhere. I know it's tough but hang in there :)

Guest krismd

Yeah...thanks Talon. I was just anticipating that the timeline might be a little bit different this year seeing as acceptances went out May 15th instead of June 1st. Maybe not!

Guest 24medgirl

That was my thought too. I noticed that last year (from reading archived posts from 04 and 05 application years) that waitlist movement happened about 7 days after the offers came out. And as Kris mentioned it's been long after that 7 days.

I've also noticed from this board that none of the Ontario medical schools have made any waitlist offers. I have a feeling that they will all start on the same day and I think that day will be soon - this week even.

That's just my take.

T.

Guest krismd

I know...i saw the Mac movement too! Was hoping your post was to say that the movement had begun!

Oh well, hopefully tomorrow! :rolleyes

Guest krismd

congrats cpmcrry!!! that's awesome!!!

did they send you an email as well, or just the phone call? also, did they give you 2 weeks to make a decision like the first round acceptances or do you have to decide on the spot?

sorry for the Qs, but want to be prepared just in case!

Guest cpmcrry

Thanks! No prob with the questions.

Just the phone call so far but it was late. About 7 pm my time - 8 pm Ottawa time. She left a message on my answering machine and told me to call her at home before ten or at the office tomorrow morning. When I called (because there was no way I was waiting until tomorrow),she told me I was next on her list and that they would like to offer me a spot. She then asked if Ottawa was my first choice and did I want to hear all my options. She also asked if I had a confirmed acceptance anywhere else. Since it was my first choice and I have no other acceptances, I just accepted the seat right away. I don't know what the timeline is if you need to wait. But since she did say I had options, I'd say you have some time.

She said my email is going to be sent tomorrow along with my acceptance package, so I don't have anything is writing yet.

Hope that helps krismd! Good luck! Hopefully you won't be waiting long.

Archived