Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Movement

Guest 24medgirl

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 24medgirl

I know me too. I'm in total shock - but am still walking around with a smile on my face. And I haven't been able to tell my boyfriend. He's at work and his cell is off!

Guest cpmcrry

Congrats guys! It looks like I will be meeting you both in August!

It's an amazing feeling getting in off the waiting list isn't it? I was on a high for about a week and still have to remind myself it's real!

Guest waitinghurts

Does anyone know what the stats were last year...did they go down a good chunk of the good waitlist? I'm starting to feel that this is an urban legend...even though at the orientatino on the day of the interview they go down about 200-250 names to fill up the class. Is this true? And when does 95% class usually fill up by? Losing hope with each passing day...

Guest Yangzie

at orientation they said they went down to the 198th person on the ranking to fill the class for anglos

so thats about 60-70 ppl that was called off the waitlist...

i'm speculating but i would imagine a large proportion of the class will fill the week or two weeks after july 3rd..the provisional acceptance day. So don't give up hope yet!

Guest spidey077

I am waiting in agony. I want this more than anything!

Is there anyone else out there that is still waiting???

I'm really hoping that there will be some more movement.

Guest waitinghurts

It just seems as if the waiting list for Ottawa isn't moving as fast as Mac's. But I thought that Ottawa's good waitlist moves...from previous yrs statistics. It just doesn't make sense. The less I think about it, the less of a blow it will be.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest everyoneloveschem

They should email to let you know, I'm pretty sure that is what they did last year. I'll check...yes, they sent it July 14th last year. I know it is horrible being on the waitlist and it is hard if you get the final no, but start thinking of what you can do to make things better this year with applications. Otherwise you'll lose it.

Guest stillwaitin

Hi P

I keep reading about the 'good ' waitlist v the bad? How do you know which you are on? Does Ottawa rank everyone and put everyone on the wait list if they don't get an offer? Thanks for your help,

G

Guest Talon01

Depending on the letter you receive, it either states whether you should make alternate arrangements depending on your position on the waitlist or not for september.

I'm in!! Actually I got the email last week but I was in Mexico doing some volunteering where internet access is limited.

Good luck to those who're still waiting!

Also many THANKS to the Ottawa gang for answering our questions, providing useful info, setting up mock interviews, etc.... You guys are great!

LT.

Guest LT76

Sorry, haven't been near the internet lately. The stat is posted on the "accepted/waited/rejected" topic.

Good luck!

LT.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest peiguy

Hey guys, I decided to attend Memorial next year instead of Ottawa so I will be turning down my spot tommorow morning. Good luck to whomever gets it.

Archived