Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Movement

Guest 24medgirl

Guest krismd

Thanks SO much for the information cpmcrry! I really appreciate it! Congrats again! Hoping that I'll be right there with you next year!!!

Is it just me, or is it a little bizarre that they would be calling at night though!?!?!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cpmcrry

I was a bit surprised with the time. I gave up watching my email and listening for the phone for the day at about 3:30. I figured they wouldn't call anybody after that. I was very surprised to find a message on my machine when I got home from karate!

Hopefully see you there in the fall!

Guest 24medgirl

Congrats!!! You must be SO pleased!

It's also good news to the rest of us on the list that there is hope and the waitlist is moving.

T.

Guest cpmcrry

Just wanted to let everybody know that I got my package email and it says that I have until the 7th of June. So it looks like we get a week. You can also provisionally accept.

Guest doctor robot

I got the call for the Francophone stream yesterday! Called back today and I'm in! Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist! (I have until June 7 to reply, but it's going to be a 'yes')

Guest Talon01

Congratulations to everyone who has received an offer and goodluck to those of you still waiting!

See you in September :)

Guest krismd

Any more movement to report???

Seems odd that of all the people on here there would only be 2 (1 french and one anglo) accepted off the waitlist....

Guest 24medgirl

I find it strange too, but I obviously know that not everyone applying uses this website so that may explain the small number of people posting.

I'd love to call the office and see if they'll give any information out - but I won't.

T.

Guest Talon01

Yup, you're right 24medgirl, the number of people on ezboard is a very small sample is the total number of people waiting. Of our class of ~140, I only know of 4-5 of us who post on here.

Good luck!

Guest 24medgirl

I know. It makes me sad. :\

But I was sitting with a bunch of docs the other day and they were encouraging. Two of them got in off the waitlist in August - they told me it is too early for me to be concerned.

Guest richfranklin

Hey 24medgirl,

Feeling the same way as you. Don't you find it weird that not many of the schools are moving?

Guest 24medgirl

I do. However that being said I think that there are few medical school applicants who use this board and that's why we're not seeing the movement.

Guest krismd

Ditto!!! Waiting is terrible!!! Especially when you don't even know where you are on the list! :(

At least NOSM has told me that I'm #2 on their list, but I would LOVE to get into Ottawa! Or at least find out if I'm near the top and have reason to stay hopeful!

Hopefully we'll hear something soon! Fingers crossed!

Guest 24medgirl

OMG.....I got in....I just got an e-mail from Nicole and I called her back. OMG....I cannot believe this.

Good luck to all of the waitlisters - if it can happen for me - it can happen for you.

T.

Guest 24medgirl

OMG - thanks so much guys. I'm ridiculously happy. I really hope you guys get in too! I trully do - I know what it's like on the list and it's hard.

Thank you for all the support.

Tarah

Archived