Premed 101 Forums

Need some encouragement?

After my u of t regrets today, I only interviewed at queens. Interviewed at the earlier date and was initially confident and have only felt worse since. The MMI was sorta rough and I felt like I completely abandoned my plan after the adrenaline was rushing. Atleast I felt like I was true to myself in my answer though? I just didn't feel like I explored all sides like we are often told to. Panel felt really good and casual, got to talk about my passions. 

Now I guess I have to wait on Queens. While feeling sort of shitty on the interview, anyone have hopeful stories to share? 

I know how you feel. Queen's was my only interview invite as well and I too interviewed in February. I did fair amount of MMI practice beforehand but some of the real ones threw me off quite a bit. I've heard that many (most?) people who end up getting in feel similarly uncertain/disappointed about their MMI performance, so try not to dwell on it too much.

13 minutes ago, unarmed walrus said:

I know how you feel. Queen's was my only interview invite as well and I too interviewed in February. I did fair amount of MMI practice beforehand but some of the real ones threw me off quite a bit. I've heard that many (most?) people who end up getting in feel similarly uncertain/disappointed about their MMI performance, so try not to dwell on it too much.

Hoping for good news for both of us then! May 8th couldn't come any sooner. But not knowing is also nice because we still have hope. 

Honestly, I think what you're feeling is completely normal. Sometimes it feels like one interview pales in comparison to some of the stars on this forum, but you have to realize that getting any interviews at all in Canada is an incredible accomplishment!!

The way you think about your interview retrospectively has no impact on the outcome. So for me im trying as hard as possible to choose to be positive about it even though I definitely had those "creeping" thoughts. If you really felt that you gave an honest depiction of yourself it's a great thing as you really can't ask for much more of an interviewee.

19 minutes ago, Nibbler said:

Honestly, I think what you're feeling is completely normal. Sometimes it feels like one interview pales in comparison to some of the stars on this forum, but you have to realize that getting any interviews at all in Canada is an incredible accomplishment!!

The way you think about your interview retrospectively has no impact on the outcome. So for me im trying as hard as possible to choose to be positive about it even though I definitely had those "creeping" thoughts. If you really felt that you gave an honest depiction of yourself it's a great thing as you really can't ask for much more of an interviewee.

Yeah it's easy to lose perspective on actually how difficult it is to even get one interview in Canada. Doesn't help when your social circles are the ones getting multiple interviews though! Haha. 

I just can't help to think about not giving my "best" self, and a rejection would be a direct evaluation of me being a bad candidate ahha. Guess we gotta wait till May 8th to find out.

On 3/19/2018 at 0:08 PM, 2hopeful said:

Yeah it's easy to lose perspective on actually how difficult it is to even get one interview in Canada. Doesn't help when your social circles are the ones getting multiple interviews though! Haha. 

I just can't help to think about not giving my "best" self, and a rejection would be a direct evaluation of me being a bad candidate ahha. Guess we gotta wait till May 8th to find out.

Trust me, I know the feeling. My circles are definitely similar but don't lose your perspective and vision. There really is no blueprint for success, the worst thing you could do to yourself is to lose sight of why you're here and why you got this far! 

A rejection would not be a direct evaluation of you being a bad candidate. Just look at how many Med1's get in after a second or even third interview. A rejection/waitlist means we got damn close and its a chance to learn and improve even more for next year :)

..but yeah let's pray that we stay sane until May 8th 

2 hours ago, Nibbler said:

Trust me, I know the feeling. My circles are definitely similar but don't lose your perspective and vision. There really is no blueprint for success, the worst thing you could do to yourself is to lose sight of why you're here and why you got this far! 

A rejection would not be a direct evaluation of you being a bad candidate. Just look at how many Med1's get in after a second or even third interview. A rejection/waitlist means we got damn close and its a chance to learn and improve even more for next year :)

..but yeah let's pray that we stay sane until May 8th 

Yeah. I have a masters program lined up for next year already which I am pretty excited for. I was so much more excited about it until I got the Queens interview, that sorta ruined it because it seems like there are possibilities for "greener pastures". 

I wake up everyday asking if its May 8th, ahhaa.

Archived