Premed 101 Forums

Letters have left the building...

Guest mumfirst

Guest mumfirst

...well, not quite. Just called Mac Meds and apparently the letters have left their office and gone to the mail room. :eek The lady that I spoke to said not to expect them for tomorrow - I'm shooting for Tuesday! Now that we know they are "out there" in the system, these last few days are going to seem even longer than the past two months!!

Good luck to everyone! :D

Guest Jbird

Fingers crossed out here on the island. I'm going to visit my pregnant sister for a week for a little rest and distraction. I figure if I get to be in on the birth (she's 39 weeks today) then I may not care as much if I get thinveloped! Don't get me wrong she's got a computer so I'll be checking the site and my husband is on mailbox patrol with very specific instructions on when to call or when not to call......Good luck everybody!

Guest Lynlloyd

Thanks for posting mumfirst.

Yes, heart in throat, most definitely :eek :eek

Are you allowed to call the office to find out your fate or do you absolutely have to wait for the letter???

Good luck to all :D

Guest Lynlloyd

Hi there Jbird,

2 months....it's crazy isn't it??

Holding up OK...but now that the letters are kinda on their way.......feeling a bit sick!!

I'm pretty sure I owe you an e-mail!!

Hope all goes well at your sister's delivery!! Soon to be an Aunt!!

Good luck Jbird.....hope we're class mates in the fall :D

TTFN, Lynlloyd

Guest erinsmom2bmd

Mumfirst,

Thank you for calling! This morning I checked the board specifically for a post like yours. Husband, baby and I are still on holidays out West and will be returning on Saturday. We just returned to Edmonton from a few days in the mountains. Very therapeutic! We stayed at the Fairmount Banff Springs - what a fabulous place!!! Returning to work on Monday is going to be so difficult; post holiday blues and the anticipation of the mail arriving! Hope all is well with you and in case I don't get a chance tomorrow - have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Erinsmom

Guest macdaddyeh

Hi all. I haven't posted in a while for numerous reasons. I'm a dad again as of yesterday (for the second time, delivered at home by midwives). Thought I'd add that to the foregoing baby theme....Perhaps I should start a parenting club if I get in for all those parent-med students to be.

Anyways, it's been a while but mumfirst specifically I am rooting for you! You deserve it (everyone else too:p ).

I have that butterfly feeling we all had two/three months ago awaiting our invite letters.

I'm actually not all that hopeful to get in (because I did HORRIBLY on the video portion) ; I'm just happy to have got an interview. In case of reject I will be content to spend the year with my newborn daughter...so no hard feeling here just in case;) .

Final advice......

Visualize, visualize, visualize...Envision large envelopes in your mailbox!

Guest grandmellon

Everytime I have seen a post man the last couple of days I had been thinking how they carry some of the most exciting things of our lives! :eek I was thinking... they hold the power now... deciding when to drop off the letter or whether to lose it in one of the corner's of their bag... mind you if it's lost it's probably small because a big one would be easily seen :rollin just kidding! I'm just babbling on filling in time here... BTW never do realestate deals with Royal LePage Commercial because one of their VP's is highly corrupt!! (IE rips off student workers by over $800) :smokin

Guest MA2003

I am so glad that you let us know, Mumfirst. Oh, the anxiety!! But it's so exciting too!!! :rollin

My family has taken away my mail key in preparation for the coming days--they will check first to be ready for the emotional outburst (good or bad) :lol

I hope the next few days bring good tidings to everyone!!

Guest shelleyrn

Hey gals!!

Just another few more anxiety, immodium-laden days to go!! How exciting to be an Auntie-j....it's alot of fun! (I am the proud Aunt of 2 girls and a boy) Have a great week off!

Lynlloyd: You crazy gal! Hoist a few martinis for me on the 6th...(regardless of the outcome.....woo hoo):b

Congrats to macdaddyeh on the arrival of a new bundle of joy!

Well I am at work (trying to work, but not having any luck)....so must go and shuffle some more paper and poke some people......Cheers everyone! Shelley

Guest mumfirst

Hey Erinsmom! Hope you are enjoying your vacation and that you return to good news in your mailbox! If your envelope has not yet been received, here's hoping that it arrives early next week - this board should really be a humming on Monday/Tuesday!

Macdaddyeh - congratulations on becoming a daddy again!!! :D (and of course, good luck with respect to that coveted thickvelope)

Guest onionsneakers

just wanted to send some good karma from central america. sorry i can't make the T.O. get-together this fri since i won't be back til aug. congrats to all for getting this far -- best of luck on this last step!

Archived