Premed 101 Forums

Examples for Auto Sketch?

Guest hieverybody

Guest hieverybody

I was just looking over the auto sketch....

Throughout these boards, I gather its extremly impt. to give examples suppporting your answers...but for some of the questions, it's hard to GIVE an example

For example, one of the questions is : "What does the McMa undergrad medical program have to offer you?"

I can think of many reasons, such as PBL, 3 yrs, non comeptitive, etc......, but theses arent really personal examples...do you kind of follow? So for this answer, would you just say something along the lines of "Mac offers PBL, 3 yrs, etcc..and thats why I like it"

OR

Would something like "Mac is non-competitve

which is more suitable for me. When I was taking Anat, I always disliked the competition i.e. mutalizing cadavers, breaking microscope slides b/c the overall sentiment in the class was 'survival of the fittest' rather than achieving the course objectives?"

I guess the rest of the autobio questions you can easily provide examples....its just that the autobio questions like the one posted above seems odd (inapproriate?) to put personal examples...

Anythoughts on this?

Cheers

Guest Carolyn

This is my opinion....

I still think it is possible to give examples, I would try and stay with positive experiences as opposed to your negative anatomy experience though if at all possible.

There really is no right answer for your question, but I think with respect to that question, it is important to use examples as to why you personally know that the mac system is right for you... experiences in PBL if you have them, learning with groups etc. Make sure that you don't sound like absolutely everyone else who can read the same papers on Mac... describe why you believe it is a good school for you in particular given your experiences.

hopefully that helps...

Carolyn

Guest TimmyMax

Hey there hieverybody,

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote>Quote:<hr> When I was taking Anat, I always disliked the competition i.e. mutalizing cadavers, breaking microscope slides b/c the overall sentiment in the class was 'survival of the fittest' rather than achieving the course objectives?" <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END-->

What school was that at??? Am I ever glad that I didn't go to that one!

Best of luck!

Tim

Archived