Premed 101 Forums

What it takes

Guest d00b

Guest d00b

Well, it seems like this year's acceptances must have had quite high admission averages (.76x2yravg + int). I've been trying to piece together what is going on with the acceptances from this forum and by talking to other applicants. I've been waitlisted with nearly an 87 admission average. From what I can gather, there has been an early acceptance of admission averages roughly 90+, whereas, normal (not-early) acceptance for averages of greater than 87 (-90???) These are rough estimates because I don't know the lower boundaries.

Can anyone confirm, disprove, or modify this?

Congratulations ilikeblue, I just wish I could be in your situation now. The people on the waitlist have been told that it could take as long as mid August to be informed of acceptance/rejection. Could you shed either hope or disappointment on this situation for some of us stuck on such an unclear list. It would be much appreciated to hear your admission average.

Does anyone else have any comments on this?

Guest ilikeblue

thanks doob.

I think the waitlist varies year to year. I know someone who got in off the waitlist in August 2 years ago~86avg. I don't think they used the waitlist as much last year though. You still have hope...and I know its brutal not knowing your situation this summer but knowing how competitive this year was....I think its a really positive thing that you are still in the hunt. I think a lot of qualified people who would have easily got in prior years were rejected this year. If this is truly your dream...you'll pick up pieces and try again. I know...cuz like I said before...this was my 3rd time at bat. I wish you the best of luck this summer doob

Guest kosmo14

As I have said so many times, it is the interview that will determine who gets in and who doesn't. Therefore it would be wise to work on interview skills. I wish the best for those who didn't make it this year. Just work on your weakness and keep on trying.

Congrats to all those who got in.

Archived