Premed 101 Forums

Queens or UofT MAM

30 minutes ago, crisronaldo said:

dont get me wrong, all canadian med schools are amazing and everyone would be lucky to get into one. you may favor queens, someone else would favor uoft, everyone here is posting their perspective and information on the topic, but sauna keeps quoting everything I say to try to change the way people think about my perspective. 

As for quality of projects and opportunities thats another misconception about bigger schools. If your looking for a mentor and close strong relationships you can find that at Toronto as well.

I'm very curious as to why you favour UofT so heavily if you did not complete medical school there. 

On May 24, 2018 at 3:54 PM, dantheman24 said:

Hey everyone!

I'm new to these forums and essentially the title says it all. UofT has been my dream school for a while and I guess I always imagined that it would be downtown, but nonetheless, the Mississauga campus is still part of UofT. I had never given much thought to Queen's until I visited Kingston and really like the close-knit/community aspect of not only the class but also the community. I understand some of the pros and cons to each school such as match rate etc. But I was wondering if current med students from the respective schools can offer insight into some of my concerns. 

I'm also wondering why you are weighing in on the discussion if you are neither a UofT medical student nor a Queen's medical student. This thread is suppose to be a helpful discussion of the experience of medical students from both institutions in order to help OP make an informed decision. 

If you would like to share your experience with UofT Medical School and from what perspective you experienced this, maybe we could have a thoughtful discussion that can help OP make a choice.

Archived