Premed 101 Forums

rejection.....

Guest nonce

Guest nonce

Howdie;

I recently recieved my letter from the med school, informing me that i was not accepted.....which is pretty a pretty @#%$ letter to recieve.

I was wondering what you guys think i should do...i.e how can i improve my chances....i have an 86-87 undergrad avg, i have a 3 yr B.Sc in bio, i have alot of extra currics (sports, volunteer at RUH, volunteer in my community, research in cancer clinic for a semester, etc.) What should i do to improve? I really thought that my avg was competitive, and that i had a really good shot at getting in.....but i was wrong. I was thinking of taking another full year of classes and try to improve my avg....or continue with some more rsrch and concentrate on the interview

what would you all do?

Guest kosmo14

I am sorry to hear that you got a rejection. The good thing is that you are looking for ways to improve your app. You made it past the interview this year, so that means you are fairly competitive.

In my opinion, it wasn't your average that hurt you because it is right on the average of applicants accepted in the past and therefore is competitive. It was most likely your interview. I would work on improving my interview for next year.

Guest saskmedman

Also nonce, if you were waitlisted, I wouldn't count myself out yet. I would advise you though, not to put all your eggs in one basket. All though it sounds like you have a great shot of making it, don't get me wrong, any wise "pre-med" student (I hate that term) should have a back-up plan. Perhaps this year, while working on preparing yourself for the interview, you should begin working towards a degree or something if you are not allready. I know this gets said all the time, but I think it's worth repeating. Good luck nonce!

Archived