Premed 101 Forums

Mcat full lengths

chefcurry

Hey there, from what I've gathered, princeton and kaplan full lengths tend to be very detail oriented, I've only skimmed princeton so take that with a grain of salt. That being said it seems nextstep and exam krackers FLs tend to be popular for "better" simulating the experimental/logical reasoning or passage-based questions.

You can try FL 1 for NS for free via their website, apparently alitus has a half-length you can try as well (never personally looked it up/haven't heard much about it). You can't however "try" EK. Having purchased NS and EK FLs for my rewrite I might say I prefer EK for being a little more truly passage based and imo similar to what I have seen writing my mcat last year. However, the interface is not the same... NS is a bit more similar in that regard... For both EK and NS psych may not be representative, with one being a little too easy and the other too definition based, respectively. Regardless, if strange new terms come up you can always learn from them! NS chem may be a little too convoluted for a few calculations and EK cars is apparently inconsistent. 

Regardless both are great practice and I think sampling different companies is a great way to round your practice considering pros/cons of each... I might recommend a few from NS (test 1-3, beyond test 5 seems not to be the greatest use of time/money) and EK 3-4 if you wanted to do that. That being said... if your exam is coming up soon I would 100% make sure I have the time to fully go through AAMC FL and SB questions above any third party materials. I think you'll find that AAMC material trumps any other FL material and a big part of killing this test is getting into the AAMC mindset :)

Good Luck :D

24 minutes ago, PotatoPotato said:

Hey there, from what I've gathered, princeton and kaplan full lengths tend to be very detail oriented, I've only skimmed princeton so take that with a grain of salt. That being said it seems nextstep and exam krackers FLs tend to be popular for "better" simulating the experimental/logical reasoning or passage-based questions.

You can try FL 1 for NS for free via their website, apparently alitus has a half-length you can try as well (never personally looked it up/haven't heard much about it). You can't however "try" EK. Having purchased NS and EK FLs for my rewrite I might say I prefer EK for being a little more truly passage based and imo similar to what I have seen writing my mcat last year. However, the interface is not the same... NS is a bit more similar in that regard... For both EK and NS psych may not be representative, with one being a little too easy and the other too definition based, respectively. Regardless, if strange new terms come up you can always learn from them! NS chem may be a little too convoluted for a few calculations and EK cars is apparently inconsistent. 

Regardless both are great practice and I think sampling different companies is a great way to round your practice considering pros/cons of each... I might recommend a few from NS (test 1-3, beyond test 5 seems not to be the greatest use of time/money) and EK 3-4 if you wanted to do that. That being said... if your exam is coming up soon I would 100% make sure I have the time to fully go through AAMC FL and SB questions above any third party materials. I think you'll find that AAMC material trumps any other FL material and a big part of killing this test is getting into the AAMC mindset :)

Good Luck :D

Thank you so much!

What are AAMC SB questions ?

Archived