Premed 101 Forums

OT Application - References Question

I am in the process of applying for OT. For one of my references I am using the women who I provide respite support for (I look after her daughter who has a disability). I'm wondering,.. on the application, it says 'position' and 'department/company' for the references, what I should put in these sections? Her professional career/position is a computer programmer, but that is not relevant to me and my application. Should i put her actual career, or should i put her position as it applies to me, such as 'private employer' or something along those lines?

Thanks!! 

36 minutes ago, MWUQ said:

If she's looking after the women's daughter that's fine to put down because the women herself is the employer. 

Put down private employer for "department/company," and maybe supervisor/owner for "position."

I looked at the reference form again just to make sure and here's what it says:
"By submitting this reference, I verify that the applicant has completed at least 70 hours of interactive, in-person and hands-on experience with individuals with disabilities by the date shown below. I further verify that I am in a supervising position in the above named organization, and am not related to the client(s) the applicant has volunteered or worked with."

Megs, you may want to call and double check! 

1 hour ago, mccannjx01 said:

I looked at the reference form again just to make sure and here's what it says:
"By submitting this reference, I verify that the applicant has completed at least 70 hours of interactive, in-person and hands-on experience with individuals with disabilities by the date shown below. I further verify that I am in a supervising position in the above named organization, and am not related to the client(s) the applicant has volunteered or worked with."

Megs, you may want to call and double check! 

I do think she's referring to Ontario schools because under the reference part on ORPAS, it asks for the "'position" and "'department/company."

Archived