Premed 101 Forums

Anyone get an interview at Ottawa but not Mcmaster last year?

Since Ottawa doesn't say, it's hard to tell how much the Casper is worth at Ottawa. I missed out on Mac but still have a very competitive weighted GPA (3.99) at Ottawa. Just wondering if some here got interviews at Ottawa last year but not Mac last year. I'm just hoping that it was my 127 cars that sunk me at mac and not my casper. Anyone have any insight?

It was likely your CARS, and even more so if you're OOP. At Mac your casper needs to be quite excellent to get an interview but at most other schools your casper would only affect your interview chance if you did relatively bad. Keep your hopes up though; if you're looking for some personal anecdote I had similar stats, no Mac interview, but interviewed at all other casper schools 

2 hours ago, Mathmaximum said:

I too am quite curious. I received a rejection from Mac with a 4.00 GPA and a 125 CARS score. I prepared diligently for CASPER, I assume its my CARS that tanked me?

Yeah, I think their lowest CARS last year was 126. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got interviewed at uOttawa last year but didn't get an interview at Mac. I had 126 in CARS last year and a 3.96 ish GPA. So I must have done OK on the Casper but not amazing enough to get a Mac interview! This year I applied with a 127 in CARS and 3.97 and still got rejected from Mac.

Archived