Premed 101 Forums

I know this section is flooded with applicants to UofT so I want to say congrats to everyone who got in! :)

I am a hopeful premed- and I was just wondering about GPA calculation. 

I've been calculating my cGPA the whole time and I've been full time for my studies; the wGPA works in my favour because it's been pretty repetitive in the past two years with me doing good in all my courses except 1. But just a question, if theyre removing your lowest FCE does that mean theyre removing two half credits from each year? Or one, and do those 2 half credits have to contribute to one course? for instance in first year all of my program courses went well but I did really bad in an elective, however it was only worth 0.5 credits; so would they just remove that course; or would they choose the next lowest 0.5 credit course;  thank you! 

After completing 3 years, they remove 1 FCE for each year completed. This means if you did well in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year but had 8 bad 0.5 credit courses in first year, they remove all 8 because 4 years have been completed. I had emailed admissions with a hypothetical question for having completed 6 yrs undergrad and they said they'd remove 12 half credit courses in total, meaning you can pick and choose, it doesnt even have to be 2 per specific year. 

On 5/16/2019 at 3:22 AM, allmight said:

After completing 3 years, they remove 1 FCE for each year completed. This means if you did well in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year but had 8 bad 0.5 credit courses in first year, they remove all 8 because 4 years have been completed. I had emailed admissions with a hypothetical question for having completed 6 yrs undergrad and they said they'd remove 12 half credit courses in total, meaning you can pick and choose, it doesnt even have to be 2 per specific year. 

Really? I have done 7 years, so they would take out 14 half credits? :o