Premed 101 Forums

Second Undergraduate Degree

scrubbed0ut

Has anyone completed a second undergrad degree and then went off to medical school? can you describe your experience with it?

1) did you finish your degree or did you complete it in 2 years? do you have to finish your degree in order to go to med?

2) did you choose a degree that was similar to your first? did most of your credits transfer over to the new degree's module?

3) was it worth taking a second undergrad or is it just worth it to go back to school to take 2 years of undergrad courses? 

1) Yes. Was fast track so 2 years. Look up various fast track degrees out there and chose what 1) can get you a job, and 2) get you better grades and you're more interested in.

2) Very different, but i like biology so I did well. Plus totally different study habits.

3) Yes, led me to a decent career, got me into med. 

1 minute ago, Frederick Sanger said:

for Ontario schools, anything beyond the September-April timeline will not count for your GPA, so I would strongly advise against taking summer classes if possible. 

thank you! So let's say I take some courses for the degree as "non-degree courses" from january- april, and then apply for the degree for sept 2020 and just continue it. would that count? or should i just wait until september 2020 to start?