Premed 101 Forums

How are OOP interviews determined?

3 hours ago, toastymittens said:

I'm an OOP and I have high scores (517 MCAT, 128 CARS), 3.95 cGPA but it appears I didn't receive an interview. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yes!! I too have a comparable GPA and MCAT and didn't receive an interview... 

Maybe my essays sucked lol but then I thought the essays and stuff weren't looked at till after the interview.

16 hours ago, toastymittens said:

I'm an OOP and I have high scores (517 MCAT, 128 CARS), 3.95 cGPA but it appears I didn't receive an interview. Anyone else in the same boat?

I have the exact same MCAT scores (maybe more balanced than yours?) and a lower GPA. I guess this year they were a bit more holistic as I spent a ton of time on my essay responses. I also have a MSc, which could have added some points? I don't think it hurts to call and ask, the admissions staff has been incredibly helpful and transparent about it all.

1 hour ago, Malulu123 said:

@wannabdoctor did you rewrite your mcat by any chance? I've noticed that unlike other schools in Canada, MUN considers all MCAT that you have written. I've heard of someone getting rejected because of a failure to improve on a rewrite. Does anyone know anything regarding this?

No I haven't rewritten my MCAT and I never heard of this rule before either!