Premed 101 Forums

similar areas of focus - Step 2 CK vs LMCC?

Does anybody have recommendations on how to best prepare for Step 2 CK vis a vis the LMCC part 1? Just booked the exam date for 2 days after my LMCC.

Is there any specific areas I should focus more on? i.e. for the LMCC, people have really emphasized the whole "gen surg/OB/psych" as high yield topics, but does the same go for Step 2 CK?

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 1:21 PM, jeremiahJPjones said:

Does anybody have recommendations on how to best prepare for Step 2 CK vis a vis the LMCC part 1? Just booked the exam date for 2 days after my LMCC.

Also taking Step 2 + LMCC 1 this year and curious to hear what y'all have to say. My general impression is that they differ with regard to CLEO and perhaps the "Health Promotion and Illness Prevention" axis. That said, given that prevention guidelines differ between provinces, I doubt that the LMCC will ask specific questions (ex. no need to know vaccination calendars). 

Btw, how did you book your LMCC part 1? I though they were going to re-open scheduling on May 12th?

On 5/9/2020 at 3:11 PM, Res514 said:

Also taking Step 2 + LMCC 1 this year and curious to hear what y'all have to say. My general impression is that they differ with regard to CLEO and perhaps the "Health Promotion and Illness Prevention" axis. That said, given that prevention guidelines differ between provinces, I doubt that the LMCC will ask specific questions (ex. no need to know vaccination calendars). 

Btw, how did you book your LMCC part 1? I though they were going to re-open scheduling on May 12th?

You can book your exam starting may 21 through Prometric. 

On 5/10/2020 at 3:53 PM, r1sa said:

You can book your exam starting may 21 through Prometric. 

Quick question, my friend is trying to book her QE1 but she noticed Prometric changed her eligibility period to January 2021 - December 2021 - have any of you noticed this? If so, does prometric change it if you provide proof that your original eligibility period was from Jan 2020 - Dec 2020? Also, is May 21st for those who have previously booked a test date or for those who do not have a test date as of yet.... Thanks!

10 hours ago, ourlastnight said:

Quick question, my friend is trying to book her QE1 but she noticed Prometric changed her eligibility period to January 2021 - December 2021 - have any of you noticed this? If so, does prometric change it if you provide proof that your original eligibility period was from Jan 2020 - Dec 2020? Also, is May 21st for those who have previously booked a test date or for those who do not have a test date as of yet.... Thanks!

They extended the eligibility period. Seems that some people are trying to book today.