Premed 101 Forums

U of T Kine or Life Sci

Hi, I just finished my first year at Life Sci at U of T and it was not that bad. My first semester marks weren't that good, but did better in second semester. I am debating if I should stick with life science or switch to kine at U of T. I don't mind going back into the first year. My goal is to go into med school but obviously I want to have back up options. I do like kine because I have played basketball my whole life and did any sports when I was growing up. I know it's my decision, but I want to have some opinions on this decision. With kine, I know it is not traditional but I can probably get a higher GPA with it, but I am not sure if it would be harder for me or it could make me stand out. But, with a life sci degree, it is more useful and is the more traditional route, helping me prepare for the MCAT and fulfill my prereqs faster. In U of T kine, it is harder to put me science core courses as first and second year, I can only have one elective per semester. 

Congrats!! But at least you still got into med with a life sci degree but you think w a kine, I can too? I mean I have to take extra courses. U of t kine is different compared to other kine programs. It’s more based on physical education and some anatomy and physiology but I would have to take my electives as my science core courses. I only have one elective per sem for the first and second years 

That takes a lot of persistence! I was thinking about doing a masters degree too though before I apply for med school. I know people who took three years before trying and got in. But I mean with a life sci degree you can still get into any health care profession you want and get a masters degree. 

5 hours ago, sharonl_0888 said:

That takes a lot of persistence! I was thinking about doing a masters degree too though before I apply for med school. I know people who took three years before trying and got in. But I mean with a life sci degree you can still get into any health care profession you want and get a masters degree. 

You can get into any healthcare profession with a Kin degree as well. It's still a BSc is it not?