Premed 101 Forums

OSAP Funding Q

3 minutes ago, vandijk.04 said:

What is the usual amount that Ottawa MD students get through OSAP? I got an estimate of 6,500 grants and 13,300 loan so I'm wondering if this is standard.

yeah mine is that too. It does change from year to year, I believe. My fam income is <50k last year so I don't think one can get much higher than that.

1 minute ago, DrOtter said:

yeah mine is that too. It does change from year to year, I believe. My fam income is <50k last year so I don't think one can get much higher than that.

Oh thank you! They didn't ask for my family income though bc I'm considered "independent" so you're probably right about this being the max  

20 hours ago, vandijk.04 said:

Oh thank you! They didn't ask for my family income though bc I'm considered "independent" so you're probably right about this being the max  

Update: my OSAP just got calculated and it's just over 20k. Not a huge difference from the estimate.

15 minutes ago, dopamineislife said:

In order to calculate OSAP, don't they need to confirm your registration? 

No I don't think so. I think this just means that the school has released their tuition fee for the coming year + OSAP has finalized their costs estimates.

But they will need to confirm our registration before releasing the money though