Premed 101 Forums

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 9:27 PM, pandabear10 said:

I'm applying to PT at the UofA this year and just out of curiosity, what is the average GPA and MMI score of people who have gotten accepted at the UofA? I know their website says anything more than 3.6 for IP is competitive, but does that still hold true or is that an outdated stat?

Current U of A PT student here. The GPA >3.6 is still accurate, I was accepted this year with a 3.7. That being said, the average admission GPA will vary each year based on the application pool. They didn't do a MMI this past spring because of COVID and it is undecided whether or not it will be hosted for this cycle as well, so I have no idea what the MMI average score is, and this usually isn't released. This year they used the CASPer test instead. I would say that the interview, in whatever format, is definitely important, because I know people that had GPAs 3.8+ that got waitlisted, meanwhile I had a 3.7 and was accepted and felt strong about my CASPer test.