Premed 101 Forums

Rank these factors by the importance for residency application.

• 4 weeks later...

What if your CV has literally nothing except a list of your degrees?

That would be a problem. CVs don't matter much because most of them look very similar and it's hard to truly stand out in a positive way. Yet, standing out in a negative way can still hurt, especially for programs that are stingy with their interviews.

What if your CV has literally nothing except a list of your degrees?

You have no career goals, never worked, never volunteered, never did any sports or other group events, never did any research, never won any awards or honours, never received any certifications and don't have any interests or hobbies?

• 5 months later...

Wanted to ask, I just started medschool and wanted to know if dropping a class and taking it next year affects my CaRMS? Because I know they'll put a W (withdrawn) or an X, but I don't know if it's bad or not... Like my 1st semester is pretty packed and putting this cardio class for next year really helps me perform better...

Some of my friends tell me that dropped classes told me that it won't change a thing but some told me that it can complicate things...

Also, if I did bad in one class but still passed and decide to redo the class to boost my gpa back up will it affect me? Because I know that they'll see that I did the class 2 times but will only consider my best grade.

1 hour ago, Luffy123 said:

Wanted to ask, I just started medschool and wanted to know if dropping a class and taking it next year affects my CaRMS? Because I know they'll put a W (withdrawn) or an X, but I don't know if it's bad or not... Like my 1st semester is pretty packed and putting this cardio class for next year really helps me perform better...

Some of my friends tell me that dropped classes told me that it won't change a thing but some told me that it can complicate things...

Also, if I did bad in one class but still passed and decide to redo the class to boost my gpa back up will it affect me? Because I know that they'll see that I did the class 2 times but will only consider my best grade.

Based on the description, you probably are in the carribean? I wouldnt do anything to keep delaying clinicals. You're already at a disadvantage etc.

OR is this some weird Quebec thing?

Just now, Luffy123 said:

Quebec! We don't start clinical until after 3 years!

Does withdrawing from a course and repeating courses not delay your program? OR are things structured differently in quebec, such that you can "catch up". Either way, i would make sure you get the help you need now and do what you need to do now to get on a strong foot so that you can continue to improve and move forward in a sustainable manner. 

1 hour ago, JohnGrisham said:

Based on the description, you probably are in the carribean? I wouldnt do anything to keep delaying clinicals. You're already at a disadvantage etc.

OR is this some weird Quebec thing?

I'm in Quebec and even for me, that is weird. Are you sure you can even withdraw from a class because, at least in Sherbrooke, that would mean retaking the whole year.

Archived