Premed 101 Forums

Anesthesia Personal Letters

rswim

Has anyone noticed the discrepancy in Calgary's personal letter prompt?

U. Calgary

Personal Letter 

A personal letter is required and must be no less than one page (we recommend a word count of no more than 550 using Arial font size 11). Please tell us why you are suited to a career in Anesthesia and give specific examples to illustrate your points. We would also like to know what will make you a good resident and what you expect to find most challenging about the practice of Anesthesia. Finally, tell us about your knowledge of the Calgary program and your reasons for selecting it.

So which is it MINIMUM one page? or MAXIMUM 550. Last I checked 550 words of arial size 11 is just UNDER one page making it very difficult to fulfill both of these criteria!

Has anyone noticed the discrepancy in Calgary's personal letter prompt?

U. Calgary

Personal Letter 

A personal letter is required and must be no less than one page (we recommend a word count of no more than 550 using Arial font size 11). Please tell us why you are suited to a career in Anesthesia and give specific examples to illustrate your points. We would also like to know what will make you a good resident and what you expect to find most challenging about the practice of Anesthesia. Finally, tell us about your knowledge of the Calgary program and your reasons for selecting it.

So which is it MINIMUM one page? or MAXIMUM 550. Last I checked 550 words of arial size 11 is just UNDER one page making it very difficult to fulfill both of these criteria!

that's really weird. but no less than 1 page means 1 page is okay right?

if i were you, i'd go with max 550 requirement.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived