Premed 101 Forums

What Counts As Humanities And Social Sciences Prereq?

Hey guys,

Just wrapping up my application and was entering in my pre-reqs and had a little confusion on what types of courses count for Humanities and Social Sciences.

There are examples on the uOttawa website for sciences, but nothing for the H + SS... http://www.med.uottawa.ca/students/MD/Admissions/eng/description_prerequisite_science_courses.html

it states no language courses. I take this to mean no spanish or german language courses where you learn the language or about it specifically. I would think (based on other medical school humanities and SS pre-reqs) that a course like Canadian Literature would count, but am I wrong since its under the English department?

Looking for feedback, I need two courses to meet this requirement and I have these 3 I think to choose from but as you can see two are 'English' courses. 

ENGLISH 100 Composition
ENG 222 Literature in Canada
DRAMA 272 The Creative Process

thanks for any help you can offer guys!

Hey guys,

Just wrapping up my application and was entering in my pre-reqs and had a little confusion on what types of courses count for Humanities and Social Sciences.

There are examples on the uOttawa website for sciences, but nothing for the H + SS... http://www.med.uottawa.ca/students/MD/Admissions/eng/description_prerequisite_science_courses.html

it states no language courses. I take this to mean no spanish or german language courses where you learn the language or about it specifically. I would think (based on other medical school humanities and SS pre-reqs) that a course like Canadian Literature would count, but am I wrong since its under the English department?

Looking for feedback, I need two courses to meet this requirement and I have these 3 I think to choose from but as you can see two are 'English' courses. 

ENGLISH 100 Composition

ENG 222 Literature in Canada

DRAMA 272 The Creative Process

thanks for any help you can offer guys!

Hey, 

Best option is to call the faculty directly about specific courses. We come from a variety of universities so it is hard to comment on what will and will not be accepted. 

GP

Archived