Premed 101 Forums

From what I understood there will not be an official email stating you are on a waitlist. I believe the first 25 accepted will find out in 7-10 days (so any time between now and end of next week) and the others who do  not hear anything by then are essentially on the waitlist (the other 35 people that interviewed). However, I do not know this information for sure so it  may be incorrect! 

The Program will take 26 months, which I believe is pretty typical of all physiotherapy programs. You will get into the M.Sc.A PT Program as long as you have a 3.0 GPA and submit an application at the end of the qualifying year. 

For a student who already has a Bachelor's Degree:

• 8 months (2 semesters)- 30 credits
    PLUS
  • 18 months (5 consecutive semesters) for the M.Sc.A.
    After which you will be eligible to work as an OT or a PT, once you are licensed by the licensing body.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey everyone ! is this forum for the undergrad pt program or masters?!

I think its for the masters.

Has anyone seen any changes on their uApply yet? Mine still says submitted and has said so for over a week after they recommended me to GPS. Has anyone called inquiring about this?

I think its for the masters.

Has anyone seen any changes on their uApply yet? Mine still says submitted and has said so for over a week after they recommended me to GPS. Has anyone called inquiring about this?

Mine is still submitted. I guess they might wait until all offers are sent. 

My daughter is waitlisted too. Disappointing for her :(. But all your families must be very proud :wub:of the hard work all of you put into your applications, studies, practicing for the MMIs, and dealing with the high stress of those MMIs. Great experience for life whether you got in or not. And take note that all colleges are actually so much more competitive now :eek: than in the past, so I think persistence is the new norm. McGill has become CRAZY competitive :wacko: in the health professions. For those who got in, you must be amazing :D. For waitlisted or rejected applicants, don't get too down :mellow:.. it's just competitive.  Note that I got off a waitlist for another profession once at the end of August. Did not pursue that particular profession or course of studies, but ya never know, waitlisted applicants. Life brings us down funny paths..  :rolleyes: 

Archived