Premed 101 Forums

U Of Toronto Dat “Cutoff” Scores?

Hey everyone,

So I’ve been seeing some talk about a PAT cutoff for the DAT to get into U of T (20 last cycle, and 21 the cycle before). Do they actually use cutoffs like this? From the 2015 stats, a 20 PAT was the average for the accepted pool. Wouldn’t this imply that some people with PAT scores <20 made it in (although this seems to be unheard of here)?

Also, does anyone know how DAT is weighted vs. GPA for determining interview invites?

Thanks in advance!

If you go to last year's UofT waitlist thread on this forum, you will see the below stats being waitlisted and finally got off the list :

OOP 

GPA : 3.89 
AA: 24
PAT:17 
RC : 27 
Interview : Above Average 
Position : 6

Now this is just the tip of an iceberg as not everyone got admitted is a member in here, so keep your hopes high and you'll definitely get in :-)

If you go to last year's UofT waitlist thread on this forum, you will see the below stats being waitlisted and finally got off the list :

OOP 

Now this is just the tip of an iceberg as not everyone got admitted is a member in here, so keep your hopes high and you'll definitely get in :-)

Thanks! I feel a lot better after finding that thread. Sometimes seeing people discuss their scores on the DAT threads skews my perception of the average applicant :) 

OOP 

I hate to say this/bring people's hopes down, but I think the only reason this happened with this GPA is b/c the applicant is OOP. I don't think there is anyway you can find those stats for an IP applicant.

I actually noticed so many people get into UofT with a very low DAT score in one of the sections, but I also noticed their GPA was fairly high i.e. 3.94+

Thanks! I feel a lot better after finding that thread. Sometimes seeing people discuss their scores on the DAT threads skews my perception of the average applicant :)

Yea... I second this. I was actually very surprised to find out that not every dentistry student had 4.0 GPAs.

I hate to say this/bring people's hopes down, but I think the only reason this happened with this GPA is b/c the applicant is OOP. I don't think there is anyway you can find those stats for an IP applicant.

I actually noticed so many people get into UofT with a very low DAT score in one of the sections, but I also noticed their GPA was fairly high i.e. 3.94+

I don't think the DAT is weighted very heavily (I was just browsing other threads and I saw something like DAT = 10%, GPA = 60% postinterview). So as long as they don't set a hard cutoff and reject people with PAT<21, I'll be happy. 

I don't think the DAT is weighted very heavily (I was just browsing other threads and I saw something like DAT = 10%, GPA = 60% postinterview). So as long as they don't set a hard cutoff and reject people with PAT<21, I'll be happy. 

Looking at the past year stats posted on these forums and those posted on the school website, I'm now convinced that this 'cutoff' never exists for U of T. Even if it did, then it would've been specified in the guideline like UWO's RC cutoff.

I totally agree :) I was just saying that super low DAT scores (in one section) do not usually get an interview without a fairly high GPA. But I'm sure they would never do something like reject people with less than 21 PAT and they never have in the past. However one person on the forums did have a 3.91 GPA and 20AA/17PAT and not get an interview, so if you have a GPA int he low 3.9's,I  don't think you can get away with less than 18-19 in a section unfortunately.

Archived