Premed 101 Forums

Uft 2020 Waitlist

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh okay, thanks. If we are accepted off the waitlist, when is our deposits and full tuition due? would we have enough time to wait for the bank to give us a loan (that can take at least a couple of weeks). I also emailed them and got an email saying she is on vacation, so I guess we won't know of any movements until august.

They gave me 2 weeks off the wait list for the first deposit.

I also wanted to show the waiting list seat availability data this summer in addition to the last 3 summers.

I was able to compose this graph from the student discussion forums from 2013 to present (ever since the total number of seats at UofT = 92) 

As you can see from the graph, the way this year's availability is trending (black circles), it more or less resembles the trend that had occurred in the summer of 2014 (blue circles) where a total of 26 seats ended up being filled. This trend shows little waiting list movement occurring in the months of June and July, but a substantial increase in movement in August.

This means that there'll probably be an increase in the number of waiting list spots when August rolls around, and I'm projecting a total of ~30 IP waiting list spots will be filled by the end of this summer.

This year's trend is contrasted with years 2015 (red) and 2013 (green), where these years showed a approximately linear trend in seat availability.

post-68490-0-86985100-1468673351_thumb.jpg

Hey guys ... I was #19 and I was finally offered a seat on July 15th, 2016 ... the IP waitlist finally moved!

...that means #20 is next 

Hey, I just called one of the student services people and they told me the waitlist has only moved 17 spots.. Do you think it could be that they haven't documented it yet in their system?

Hey, I just called one of the student services people and they told me the waitlist has only moved 17 spots.. Do you think it could be that they haven't documented it yet in their system?

Well I was #19 on the waiting list as of April 29th... what I think happened was that an offer was given to #17, who rejected it, and then was given to #18 who also rejected it... I on the other hand accepted it.

So it could be that there has been 17 spots opened up... but what I know for sure was that I was #19 and got in!!!

Well I was #19 on the waiting list as of April 29th... what I think happened was that an offer was given to #17, who rejected it, and then was given to #18 who also rejected it... I on the other hand accepted it.

So it could be that there has been 17 spots opened up... but what I know for sure was that I was #19 and got in!!!

I don't think it matters, as soon as they sent you an offer the waitlist should've moved 19 spots, maybe the people running the waitlist are different from the ones that send out offers

sorry i was paraphrasing. to be exact i was told the waitlist moved 17 spots. uoft2020 may be right about two separate people controlling the lists.

I currently have a seat that will be declined in the coming days in favour of UWO.  Congrats to whomever gets the good news.  And best of luck to those still waiting.  :)

That's awesome news :) I am actually #23 I just called and found out late last week that it moved to 22. Thanks!

Archived