Premed 101 Forums

Uft 2020 Waitlist

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is actually less than I expected!

Med school and western admissions are already out.. so doesn't that mean that the list will not move much now?

That's what I was thinking too! But I found this thread from last year, it might help compare: http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/84090-u-of-t-dentistry-class-of-2019-wait-list-thread/page-5. The second post on the page of the link (5th page) shows that it took until June 19th to get to waitlist spot #18. But then again, their offers came out earlier

My guess is that the waitlist moves pretty slowly after the first deposit b/c people accepted to multiple d-schools have a hard time deciding + some people are accepted to one school (i.e. UofT), but are waitlisted elsewhere for their top choice (i.e. med school or another d-school), so they have to wait until they get off that waitlist, in order to drop their acceptance at UofT, for instance, so that delays the entire process unfortunately ):

That's what I was thinking too! But I found this thread from last year, it might help compare: http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/84090-u-of-t-dentistry-class-of-2019-wait-list-thread/page-5. The second post on the page of the link (5th page) shows that it took until June 19th to get to waitlist spot #18. But then again, their offers came out earlier

My guess is that the waitlist moves pretty slowly after the first deposit b/c people accepted to multiple d-schools have a hard time deciding + some people are accepted to one school (i.e. UofT), but are waitlisted elsewhere for their top choice (i.e. med school or another d-school), so they have to wait until they get off that waitlist, in order to drop their acceptance at UofT, for instance, so that delays the entire process unfortunately ):

ohh I see :)

thanks for the link! 

Med offers and western offers are both out. Shouldn't the Waitlist have moved a lot more?

I'm waitlisted IP #16, should I be worried?

Don't worry, thats just 4 more people. There are still other programs that people applied to and the people who are waitlisted for med and western that are holding their u of t spots. I think it will just be a matter of time! good luck! 

and in the past 11 years, its never moved less than 19!

Med offers and western offers are both out. Shouldn't the Waitlist have moved a lot more?

I'm waitlisted IP #16, should I be worried?

The waitlist has moved 12 spots so far (I'm assuming this includes both IP and OOP, correct me if I'm wrong) so its moved at least 8 for IP and 4 for OOP. Give it a couple more weeks and the IP spots should go up significantly!

The Out of province waiting list has moved by at least 4 spots! I was OOP wait list #4. I will be accepting the offer. Toronto has always been my first choice! Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Oh wow congrats!

Hopefully it moves a bit more for me lol

What are some of the big dates people on the waitlist should be looking forward too?

Ex. When is the second deposit due?

When are other school results out, med results, other school deposits due etc.

Does anyone know the answers to these questions ?

This waitlist is givin me serious anxiety.

What are some of the big dates people on the waitlist should be looking forward too?

Ex. When is the second deposit due?

When are other school results out, med results, other school deposits due etc.

Does anyone know the answers to these questions ?

This waitlist is givin me serious anxiety.

The second deposit is August 5th for U of T. Not sure about the other things you asked about. Good luck!

Archived