Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I will!

They asked my verifier to explain my current employment position, in addition to asking for comments on the description that I had submitted. One question they were asked, which they thought was very weird, involved "If this person were to be accepted to medical school, how would this affect you financially?"

I suspect that the forms for verifiers are different for varying sections of the personal activities. My verifier stated that it felt like writing a second reference, because as stated earlier, they were were also my reference for UofA. Who knows, maybe the reference form is similar and require a similar amount of writing!

But that's all I know and I don't plan on asking my verifier any further questions about the process.

You (or your "verifier") are clearly a troll.

Yes I will!

They asked my verifier to explain my current employment position, in addition to asking for comments on the description that I had submitted. One question they were asked, which they thought was very weird, involved "If this person were to be accepted to medical school, how would this affect you financially?"

I suspect that the forms for verifiers are different for varying sections of the personal activities. My verifier stated that it felt like writing a second reference, because as stated earlier, they were were also my reference for UofA. Who knows, maybe the reference form is similar and require a similar amount of writing!

But that's all I know and I don't plan on asking my verifier any further questions about the process.

You (or your "verifier") are clearly a troll.

I'm pretty sure most of the information is accurate in BoopityBoop's post.

One of my verifiers told me they show the description that we wrote in our application, and they are asked a series of questions relating to it (including if it was all true).

They also asked questions "reference-like" questions, such as if you think the applicant would make a good doctor, and if they would have any financial gain if they got into med school.

I'm pretty sure the forms are the same for all verifiers though. 

If it helps at all, one of my verifiers said that it was all multiple choice and super easy to fill out.

Same here. I know two of my verifiers have been emailed, but I only know about them because they both had to ask me about something (e.g. saw an email from UofA but couldn't find it when going to fill it out). From what I've gathered, it seems to be similar to the one OMSAS sends out, with a short multiple choice/rate on a scale/yes or no questionnaire. Definitely nothing like providing a full reference.

Several of my verifiers let me know that they were contacted, including those that wrote a reference for me, but they all said it was just a multiple choice/rating form. I highly doubt the admissions team has the time to read all that extra detail for all applicants; if they did so, I would imagine it would be because they needed that information to completely verify that activity or if something seemed off. 

Archived