Premed 101 Forums

Could someone share a sample week's schedule?

As the title suggests, I'm looking to get a sense of the frequency of lectures vs. group work and how they're spaced out.

I'm aware that it varies wildly from week to week but if anyone could share a screenshot or some kind of sample they were provided it would help me a lot. My work is looking to keep me on part time and are wondering how often I would have to leave early vs. a few hours.

Thanks!

Thanks Bcemslayer! Super helpful. 

I'm wondering if people from different years can chime in. It seems to me that UofA has been changing their Mandatory classes policy quite a bit over the past few years. Going from mostly non-compulsory to almost exclusively mandatory lectures for the 2020s

Things that are generally mandatory include anything taking up volunteers/patients/preceptor time:

Communication sessions, physical exams, anatomy labs (even though it's not strict but just go), discussion groups, team based learning sessions, discovery learning sessions, physicianship lecture series etc... 

Most didactic classes aren't mandatory (unless they include patients sharing their experiences or demonstrations)

- G

Archived