Premed 101 Forums

7 hours ago, Bambi PGY3 said:

OP, my R score was nowhere close to yours in Cégep and I had no hope of entering med school at that stage. Moreover, I did not then have the requisite maturity. I matured during my undergrad studies. I became a straight A student in university. I became an independent learner, which skills I used to great advantage in medical school. Studying for my bachelors degree was an essential part of my development preparing me for medical school. With these 3 years, I never would be a physician today. I still entered medical school relatively young. More importantly, I accomplished my goal. I am now a third year resident in a competitive surgical specialty. You are in a marathon and there is no rush. I wish you the best of luck but do not lose hope if you don't make it from Cégep. 

I really needed to hear that thank you !

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2017 at 5:13 AM, Bambi said:

OP, my R score was nowhere close to yours in Cégep and I had no hope of entering med school at that stage. Moreover, I did not then have the requisite maturity. I matured during my undergrad studies. I became a straight A student in university. I became an independent learner, which skills I used to great advantage in medical school. Studying for my bachelors degree was an essential part of my development preparing me for medical school. With these 3 years, I never would be a physician today. I still entered medical school relatively young. More importantly, I accomplished my goal. I am now a third year resident in a competitive surgical specialty. You are in a marathon and there is no rush. I wish you the best of luck but do not lose hope if you don't make it from Cégep. 

Which bachelor degree did you study for?

Si ça ne te dérange pas d'enlever McGill de tes choix, tu peux toujours faire ton cégep en 2 ans 1/2 (annuler des cours et faire des cours d'étés). C'est ce que j'ai fait pour augmenter ma cote R de 32.7 à 34.2 et je rentre la semaine prochaine en médecine à ULaval (J'avais aussi été convoqué aux entrevues de Sherbrooke et Montréal, alors ne t'inquiètes pas pour le parcours collégial non-traditionnel). Pour ma part, j'ai commencé à annuler des cours à partir de ma 3e session, donc j'étais au même stade que toi présentement. 

Bonne chance! 

Archived