Premed 101 Forums

Worth an MCAT rewrite ?

Hello everyone

I interviewed at Schulich this year and got placed on the regular waitlist. I'm thinking of what to do going forward in case I don't get an offer this year.

I'm SWOMEN with a 510 (129/126/128/127) and a 2Y GPA of 3.91. 

Does anyone recommend re-writing ? I'm worried that they will look at Psych next year and I wouldn't be able to meet the overall cutoff. It would be a bummer to lose out on an interview because of a point or two. 

This would be my 3rd attempt (First attempt was a 508). I'm working full time this summer so I'm worried that I could do worse or only marginally improve. I struggle with psych/soc a bit.

Is it likely that they will add Psych/Soc or that the overall would go beyond 510. I heard from a friend that they might look at the overall.

Thanks in advance :)

If they add psych/Soc it's very unlikely that the cutoff for it will be above 127. 

Overall you're on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of the overall interviewee pool. If we assume that GPA/MCAT play a role in post-interview acceptances, which I think is a fair assumption, then you're going to have to compensate for that with an above average interview (compared to the average pool). 129/126/128 is the lowest combined score you can get for those 3 sections and still receive an interview, so even if they don't look at Psych next year, you can improve those scores somewhat to give yourself a better chance.

Or you might get accepted off the normal waitlist in which case none of this is relevant. But I'm confident with a slightly higher MCAT score you'll have no problem getting accepted next year, in the worse case scenario.

Archived