Premed 101 Forums

2017 UWO Stat

I'm still a few years away from being able to apply to Western but this makes me wonder about how much emphasis is really put on the interview. I know what the website says. However, I have a question that I'm curious about.

Is there anyone out there that had a 90% average and similar DAT scores that did not get an admission offer and, if yes, how did you feel about your interview?

I'm still a few years away from being able to apply to Western but this makes me wonder about how much emphasis is really put on the interview. I know what the website says. However, I have a question that I'm curious about.

Is there anyone out there that had a 90% average and similar DAT scores that did not get an admission offer and, if yes, how did you feel about your interview?

Interview is definitely "make-it-or-break-it" at Western. I interviewed there this past cycle with very comparable stats to the ones posted but didn't feel my interview was too great (got off to a rough start and couldn't recuperate). I was placed on the waitlist but was ultimately unsuccessful

Interview is definitely "make-it-or-break-it" at Western. I interviewed there this past cycle with very comparable stats to the ones posted but didn't feel my interview was too great (got off to a rough start and couldn't recuperate). I was placed on the waitlist but was ultimately unsuccessful

But you still got into Sydney U Dental School!

How is Australia? Must be beautiful down there.

Son of a...

I'm not sure whether I feel better because my GPA was over 2% below the average accepted and so of course I wouldn't get in...

or if I should feel worse because the one year I applied and got an interview, the competition was crazy tough.

Best not to think about it.

I'll say this: the other candidates I saw on UWO interview day definitely looked really sharp in their suits. Killers, all of 'em. Not me, though.

It was my first time applying to Western and was on the waitlist all summer. I hate how they don't tell you your position. It's stupid.

My stats were fine but I thought my interview was shaky. I definitely screwed up the first question at least. I didn't think I'd get so nervous at all.

Holy molly.....last year's average went up to 90%, 23 RC, and 22 AA. It's going crazy. Any ideas about why this sudden jump?

Our class was fairly surprised to hear about the high average too. Keep in mind it's the average of the two BEST years!

Personally, my GPA was below average, but I had a stellar DAT score.

Can you please clarify "on their books"?

she took out the stats behind the desk and looked at it and read me what was on it... it said 21/21, however the average accaptance for best 2 years may or may not be different, she didn't tell me what she had on it... at the end she said it may be a typo or a mistake but will be confirmed later on in the week if it is indeed a mistake

Just spoke to dent admissions they feel there may have been a typo and that the dat scores are different. It will be confirmed by the end of the week. On their books they had 21/21

Very interesting. 23 RC 22 AA does seem a bit high though considering DAT is only worth 10%. :P 90% avg isn't really THAT surprising since it's only about 1% different from the previous few years.

Archived