Premed 101 Forums

Adding in grades for prerequisite courses on OMSAS?

Hi! 

I am taking some prerequisite courses during the year when my application will be sent (i.e during the 2018-2019 school year) and so I don't have any grades yet to enter in for those courses. 

So what do I put for the grade section for those courses in OMSAS? It won't let you submit it if that section is not filled and it also will not accept it if I put in "N/A". 

I am encountering the same problem for uOttawa. I double-checked their admission website it says

• Minimum Grade of B (CÉGEP equivalent 70%) must be attained in all Prerequisite Science Courses for a candidate to be considered for admission.

I think this means you must have already completed the course and received a grade. I will email them and ask for clarification

On 8/2/2018 at 10:49 AM, VeryNiceGuy said:

I am encountering the same problem for uOttawa. I double-checked their admission website it says

• Minimum Grade of B (CÉGEP equivalent 70%) must be attained in all Prerequisite Science Courses for a candidate to be considered for admission.

I think this means you must have already completed the course and received a grade. I will email them and ask for clarification

But the website also says this:

Candidates are allowed to complete missing prerequisite courses during the academic year preceding admission but, as with all courses, not during the summer before their registration in the MD program of studies.

This means that if you're applying to start med school in 2019, you can take the prerequisite courses during the 2018-2019 school year. But you won't have the grades yet for those courses. I think I will also contact them as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived